TeamCoop

by Darkcry

Teams can build their own Factory with separate research. By default the rocket silo can not be build by players but there is one randomly spawned in the world

3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Base protection

4 years ago

Hi. i'm on the edge to launch a mp server. but i'm sorting out a couple of things. when other people is playing in their base, my base will get destroyed. we are not all playing the same time.

Is it possible to make us invisible to the aliens when the whole team is offline?
might one way be to put the whole team and base on peaceful mode when offline, and then back to survival when online.

Another way could be to make the team join a faction that is neutral to the aliens or maybe same faction as the aliens. so they wont attack the base when the whole team is offline.

Tanks in advance
/A

4 years ago

hi
i know this is one big flaw of the mod. but i think that has to be managed by the server rules. something like pre defined playtimes or something like that. its not just that a team shold be neutral but the evolution is also progressed for this team. so even your base is still there the enemies are much stronger than your defence.
there has to be another solution. like regional evolution but this is not supported by the game i think

4 years ago

hi
pre defined playtimes is not an good option for any multiplayer game, were there's a group of people that have a huge difference in how many hours that can be spent in this game.

have continued to do some research. we have disabled aliens scaling over time, so they are only scaling by pollution and attack.
but if we could combine this with (and this is only an example) aliens loose interest in base while team is offline. then we would actually be a long way to 24/7 open world factorio builder, with only a small impact by others action to your gameplay.

and another idea could be if a new team joins, that the aliens in the near vicinity would reset to start lvl. so if someone joined at some time after the server have started, they get a chance to build up before they are overrunned

with these two things i and maybe base decay, i could run servers indefinitely that would be kinda cool

/A

New response