TeamCoop

by Darkcry

Teams can build their own Factory with separate research. By default the rocket silo can not be build by players but there is one randomly spawned in the world

3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Nice work!

4 years ago

Hiya!

This is some pretty nice work you have done to turn my scenario into a mod. I'm glad to see it's still active after 2 years!
If you could, please attribute credit to where you originally got the source code on your info page.
A link to https://github.com/Oarcinae/FactorioScenarioMultiplayerSpawn would be sufficient.
(I see there are notes in the source files but not many people open up the source code for a mod.)

Let me know if you have any questions. I've made quite a lot of changes to accommodate 0.17 and have also recently made my own mod (Oarc Multiplayer Spawn). Feel free to use any of my recent updates as well.

Thanks,
Oarc

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi there!
This was my first mod i made with the help of your source code! it helped me a lot to understand the lua scripting logic. thanks!

current problem with this mod is that bitters evolve for all players at the same speed and if one player plays less than another he faces much harder enemies and with lower equipment. but all in all its a really nice co-op experience. if i got more time to spare i will try to improved it even more.

4 years ago

No problem. Actually, I made several changes to help the biter/evolution issue.

1. All players have large areas cleared out around them.
  2. All enemies nearby to player spawns are scaled down.
  3. I also tweak worm spawning so that if you spawn far away, it's not all behemoth worms all the time.

You should try out my mod/scenario to see what it looks like when you spawn far out. Just reveal a large area of the map and you can see the effects.

I have several related functions you can look at in the source code:
DowngradeWormsDistanceBasedOnChunkGenerate()
ReduceAliensInArea()
You can see the different levels of clearing enemies in SetupAndClearSpawnAreas()

The relevant settings in config.lua are:
-- Safe Spawn Area Options
-- The default settings here are balanced for my recommended map gen settings (close to train world).
safe_area =
{
-- Safe area has no aliens
-- This is the radius in tiles of safe area.
safe_radius = CHUNK_SIZE*20,

-- Warning area has significantly reduced aliens
    -- This is the radius in tiles of warning area.
    warn_radius = CHUNK_SIZE*30,

-- 1 : X (spawners alive : spawners destroyed) in this area
    warn_reduction = 20,

-- Danger area has slightly reduce aliens
    -- This is the radius in tiles of danger area.
    danger_radius = CHUNK_SIZE*50,

-- 1 : X (spawners alive : spawners destroyed) in this area
    danger_reduction = 5,
},

New response