TeamCoop

by Darkcry

Teams can build their own Factory with separate research. By default the rocket silo can not be build by players but there is one randomly spawned in the world

3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b My labs research another player's tech

5 years ago

I started a game with TeamCoop 2.0.2 and configured it as follows:

Startup
500 Max dist far spawns
200 Min dist far spawns
100 Max dist near spawns
10 min dist near spawns

Map:
Allow individual teams - yes
Allow private trains - yes
Allow PvP (Turrets) - no
Enable default spawn - yes
Rocket silo max dist - 250
Prebuild rocket silo - no
Reveal rocket silo - yes
Server rules - "Have fun!"

I created the game locally, started at default spawn, saved, left. Then i transferred that savegame to my server and startet it there. I logged in and chose near spawn. I built a small base that can research red and green science on it's own (I use Auto Research 5.0.1). Then I logged off and back in to verify that I was still at my spawn: I was. I then logged off and drove to a friend of mine who also wants to play on that server. At his place I synced the mods (0.17 is great <3) and connected successfully to the server. I chose far spawn and that also worked. He could then start building there, but I noticed the following things:

1 - My revealed area from when I was playing from my machine at home before was visible on my friends account.
2 - My friend has his own tech tree with less stuff researched than I have on my own account in that savegame.
3 - BUT my base's labs started to research technology in my friends tech tree

So we don't share a tree but we seem to be the same force? Shouldn't his labs only researh his tree and my labs only mine?

5 years ago

hmm that looks realy strange! research is handled by players force so your friend has his own tech tree with less stuff. but somehow your labs belong also to your friend!?
before i further investigate can you please try without "Auto Research" mod? I assume that this mod sets the current research for all players maybe? also since 0.17 there is a research queue integrated! just enable it in the advanced map settings near the recipe multipliers

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yes it was AutoResearch, we are using the default queue now :)

Your mod works like a charm! <3

New response