Surfaces Reloaded deprecated

by Danacus

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra, ported to 0.14-0.16 by Erdbeerbaer. Port to 0.17 started by DeltaNedas and continued by Danacus.

3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g My Impression

4 years ago

Hi,
I like the mod partially. That we gain new floors to gather new resources is nice. It gives this game a flair of Keplerth which i really like and where i miss the Factorio part in it. But to my displeasure you only get a new floor which is full of rock which you need to remove and resource nodes and nothing else. So only a tiny little bit of Keplerth because we have no "Trees", Enemies, Water and other things below.

4 years ago

Hello

A couple of months ago I started to rewrite this mod such that it would allow other mods to define these surfaces. Along with that I started to work on a mod that adds a caves surface. The idea is that the player would be able to explore caves in pitch black, find dungeons and maybe even fight bosses.

It's quite an ambitious idea, and it's not done yet. I also don't have the time to work on the mod at the moment, so it'll be some time before it's done.

At this point you may understand why I'm not planning to add such features to this mod. I'm currently just maintaining this mod. Just know that once my new mod is done, implementing your ideas will be very easy, it will even be the default option.

New response