Surfaces Reloaded deprecated

by Danacus

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra, ported to 0.14-0.16 by Erdbeerbaer. Port to 0.17 started by DeltaNedas and continued by Danacus.

3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b can't place both staircase on the ground

4 years ago

i get the message this item can't be placed on the ground.
I just checked and it's a mod conflict of some sort since running only this mod works perfect.
Running bob,angel,yuoki, omni and pyanodon i will get back to you when i know which mod causes this issue

4 years ago

Thanks for taking your time figuring out which mod is causing the issue. I will try to fix the issue as soon as possible.

4 years ago

ok so the problem exist within my current save, starting a new map with same modlist doesn't give an issue.
At a certain point in my save history it works just fine i presume that the issue comes from a past mod that i had and has been deleted afterwards, i think the culprit is "InlaidLampsExtended_0.1.4" but i need to confirm this will keep you updated

4 years ago

Ok i didn't find which mod caused the issue but i noticed that the name of the nauvis i'm in changed at some point in time probably due some kind of mod, this mod works fine if the name of the nauvis is still the original.
I wonder if you know some console commands to delete/rename a nauvis and/or go to specific nauvis i think this would be an fix for my issue

4 years ago

The mod does not work when nauvis is called differently. I want this to change in the future to enable compatibility with for example Space Exploration. (surfaces on other planets maybe)

I'll see if I can find a way to change the name of a surface. If not I might add a command to this mod to allow users to change the name of the main surface.

4 years ago

You could try the following command:

/c game.player.surface.name = "nauvis"

4 years ago

there already exists a nauvis with that name so i can't use the command
My base is currently on "Nauvis plus 1" and there is also a nauvis just called "nauvis"
i'm thinking about changing the name of the "nauvis" to another name so i could rename "Nauvis

4 years ago

I'd say go ahead and see if it breaks anything. As long as you don't save, you can't really do anything wrong to your current world.

4 years ago

oh i think there's a misunderstanding when i said earlier "i can't use the command" i meant i tried the command already but i get an error saying the new name is invalid what makes sense since i already have another nauvis called "nauvis"
my working save is like 200 hours before my current save so just continuing from that old save is a no go.

4 years ago

You can try what you proposed and change the name of the other nauvis to something else, so you can call the current surface nauvis. If that doesn't work I'll see if I can make a quick fix that allows the mod to work with another surface as the main surface.

4 years ago

i don't know how to change the name of the other nauvis it's a nauvis where i can't physical go to i just noticed that it existed when i used this mod ( https://mods.factorio.com/mod/regenerate-terrain) ,
so since i don't know how to physical go to the other nauvis, this command doesn't work( /c game.player.surface.name = "nauvis")
im rather looking for a command that changes the name of a nauvis when my player character isn't there OR
a command that let's me teleport my player character to another nauvis and then i can use ( /c game.player.surface.name = "nauvis")

This is like having the idea how to fix something but don't know how yo do it . thx for your patience i'm trying to search for the command's myself but i'm not that knowledgeable about command's

4 years ago

list of the multiple nauvis: https://transferxl.com/08jPW0ZzXvmkz2

4 years ago

i found the command's ^^ https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=30563
but i can't get it to work pffff here is my old save https://transferxl.com/08jPR2CSLqfgCW

4 years ago

I will see if I can fix your old save.

4 years ago

thx

4 years ago

Unfortunately I can't load the game with the mods used by your save. Maybe one of the updates of one of the mods broke some compatibility with another mod.

My plan was to look through the "game.surfaces" table and find the surfaces that I want to rename.

I'll instead walk you through on how to do this yourself.

By using: /c game.player.print(game.surfaces[1].name) you can find the name of the surface at index 1.
You can replace the number "1" with any other number greater than 0 to find the other surfaces.
Keep changing the number until you find a surface that is called "nauvis".

Let's say that game.surfaces[2].name turns out to be called "nauvis", which is in your case not the surface you are building on. Then you can use: /c game.surfaces[2].name = "some other name"

Then the name "nauvis" should be available, so you can use:

/c game.player.surface.name = "nauvis"

To change the name of the current surface to "nauvis".

I hope that makes any sense.

4 years ago

here is the modlist and i'm using 0.17.66 https://transferxl.com/08jQ402JMthywF PS it can seem that factorio is crashing if you starting the game but don't worry it will eventually load it takes a small 5 minutes to start the game i will look into you command's

4 years ago

"Let's say that game.surfaces[2].name turns out to be called "nauvis", which is in your case not the surface you are building on. Then you can use: /c game.surfaces[2].name = "some other name"

got an error if i try to rename "Cannot execute command. Error: nauvis can't be renamed"
and using this command: /c nauvis = game.delete_surface("nauvis")
gives the error "Cannot execute command. Error: given surface can not be deleted"

4 years ago

Ah I see. It turns out that nauvis cannot be renamed. I'll have to implement some way to allow the main surface for this mod to be changed with some command. I don't have time right now, I might do it tomorrow.

4 years ago

i presume that surfaces[1] in my case nauvis can't be deleted or renamed because it's the nauvis where you start on.
so i tried /c ((( name of surfaces[2]))) = game.surfaces.nauvis the command works but renaming or deleting still doesn't work on surfaces[1]

4 years ago

ok thx

4 years ago

Just released an update that adds a setting to change the main surface to whatever surface you want.

4 years ago

So you can simply enter "Nauvis plus 1" in the mod settings.

4 years ago

thx works like a charm ty very much for your time and effort :-)

4 years ago

No problem :)

New response