Strange Matter

by 5cript

Ever wanted to convert Energy into matter? This mod lets you do this! Configurable amounts for seamless hardcore to cheat difficulty.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

i Mod Support Balance

7 years ago

You peeps are more experienced with other mods.

Iron is worth 1.6 Strange Matter.

If you are playing with any mod that adds ores, please suggest matter costs.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

(looking at bob's ores and Uranium Power)

(EDIT) There are a lot of new ores, and I do not have gameplay experience, therefore I cannot judge how valuable an ore is. And arbitrary balance would make support almost stupid.

7 years ago

I play mostly with infinite ore patches, but judging from what I need to build the biggest production for: You need lead and zinc the most, along with titanium (rutile) and tungsten. As far as I can tell Bob is keeping his stuff relativly close to reality in terms of crafting processes, so I would suggest making rutile a bit more expansive, since it's rarer in general, maybe 2 matter/ore. Lead and zinc are common, as is tungsten so I would suggest to go with your default cost of 1.6matter/ore.
As for all the unmentioned ores, in my experience you don't need them in large quantaties thoughout the game, so I don't see anything wrong with going with your default value of 1.6/ore as well. Since the only things you tuned with lower costs are wood and stone I don't see any reason to tune any bob's ore under 1.6

New response