Spidertron squad control [0.5.0 BETA RELEASE]

adds a spidertron squad remote so you don't have to use 100 remotes to control your spider army. also adds a follow mode for your spider army. And a better entity-follow tool that doesn't require you to link every single spidertron individually Beta versions available on GitHub for testing: https://github.com/npc-strider/spidertron-squad-control/releases

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Crash (0.3.3)

3 years ago

Crash while attempting to enter an Insectitronics Pentatron. Currently running squad control version 0.3.3 and Insectitronics version

The mod Spidertron squad control (0.3.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Spider_Control::on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
Spider_Control/control.lua:192: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Spider_Control/control.lua:192: in function 'squad_leader_state'
Spider_Control/control.lua:208: in function <Spider_Control/control.lua:207>

3 years ago

thanks for the report. still cannot produce this error (another user reported few days ago but could not get the errror) but I've attempted a fix from looking at the report

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I should note that I also get this exact same error when exiting a vanilla car and other modded vehicles like the AAI Miner. I haven't tried other vehicles, but I don't get this crash when squad control mod is disabled.

-- EDIT -- I didn't notice the update 0.3.4, I am trying that now

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Just tried with 0.3.4. This is really odd. At first, the crash still happens, all vehicles (vanilla or modded) still crash upon exiting them. But, when I enter the Insectitronics Pentatron and then exit, the crash doesn't happen and after that, I can enter and exit all other vehicles without crashing. It doesn't matter if its an existing vehicle or a new one crafted and placed down, all other vehicles crash until exiting the Pentatron (existing or newly crafted/placed). I haven't tried this with the other Insectitron vehicles yet.

Error while running event Spider_Control::on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
Spider_Control/control.lua:208: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Spider_Control/control.lua:208: in function 'squad_leader_state'
Spider_Control/control.lua:213: in function <Spider_Control/control.lua:212>

3 years ago

really sorry for the never-ending crashes, but I think I've fixed this one. forgot another check, still related to the missing index issue which I still don't know what is causing it

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I made a save copy of the state where it was doing this odd crash. I will be able to test the latest version later today in about 7 hours to see if the crash still happens on my end.

3 years ago

That seems to have fixed it on my end.

3 years ago

Thank you for the follow up :)

New response