Spidertron squad control [0.5.0 BETA RELEASE]

adds a spidertron squad remote so you don't have to use 100 remotes to control your spider army. also adds a follow mode for your spider army. And a better entity-follow tool that doesn't require you to link every single spidertron individually Beta versions available on GitHub for testing: https://github.com/npc-strider/spidertron-squad-control/releases

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Follow any entity or unit

3 years ago

Would be nice if you could select some spiders and click on a player to have them follow that player. Or click a spider or other vehicle to have them follow that one. Or click a robot in Robot Army mod (units instead of vehicles) and they will follow that one. So basically if you don't click the surface but something that can move then they keep following it.

This way you can have a remote controlled spider which is followed by other spiders. And you can have multiple such groups. Then you just command the "center spiders" with regular remotes so that you can have multiple consistent groups that you can switch between by using the regular vanilla remotes.
So you get multiple groups and you can have robots in follow mode that don't follow yourself.

If you have robot army installed then those can already patrol and search and destroy nests. If you tell a spidertron or two to follow them then you will have spidertrons on search and destroy missions immediatly, without the need to first code that AI for spidertron etc.

3 years ago

agreed that I would like to see something like this and is what I was asking about in the other thread i started, but much better stated. I wasn't aware of the Robot Army mod, but on that note that mod also integrates with 'Unit Control' which would be cool to integrate with squad control and control the 'center spiders' like you would with robot army mod without needing a center robot unit

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

nice idea, we can automate spidertrons with trains. i'll implement it in the next release
EDIT: next next release

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

just so you know, haven't forgot about this idea. implementing it is a lot harder than i originally thought, but i have a prototype and i'm working on fixing the bugs and edge cases for it. should be part of 0.4.0

New response