Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Greatly extend the end game requiring multiple launches and massively increased science. Requires 40+ launches, and of a variety of new components. The goal is to build a vessel capable of getting you off the planet and home safely. Updated graphics courtesy of Steinerrr. Russian translation courtesy of Zerggurat.

2 months ago
0.13.7 - 1.1

b Version for Factorio 1.0 provided & fix for TSM Icons compat.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Changes:

• Flagged for Factorio 1.0. Tested for about 10 hours so far. Not tested with Bob's or similar.
  • Changed assembly-robot icon to 32x32 px

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xvqy9u6mcwb4s84/SpaceMod_0.6.0.zip/file

Installation

On Windows, place zip file in...
%appdata%\Factorio\mods\
Typically,
c:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\

Mac:
~/Library/Application Support/factorio/mods

Linux:
~/.factorio/mods

License:

MIT license like the original. This update is provided as-is. I am neither qualified nor able to support the full scope of the mod. @LordKTor, please feel free to add this to your downloads section if you like.

Background:

Prompted by an error...

Error Loading Mods
Failed to load mods: Error while loading virtual-signal prototype [blah]: Sprite '__SpaceMod__/graphics/icons/assembly-robot.png' has a mipmap count set to 4, so it's size is expected to be multiple of 8. But its size is 37x37...
Modifications: TSM-icons

I did a bit of poking about and noticed that the others were 32, but not this one. I cropped some white space and resized it, then updated the reference to it. While I was in there, I figured I might as well flag it for 1.0 and jot down some change notes.

I did a succesful full cycle of rocket launches in a 1.0 test world using infinity chests of parts and I've been playing it about 10 hours on a legit playthrough. All is well so far.

New response