Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Greatly extend the end game requiring multiple launches and massively increased science. Requires 40+ launches, and of a variety of new components. The goal is to build a vessel capable of getting you off the planet and home safely. Updated graphics courtesy of Steinerrr. Russian translation courtesy of Zerggurat.

a month ago
0.13.7 - 1.1

g Space Capsule idea

3 years ago

Hi There,

The idea i love most about factorio is that you have crashed on the planet, your ship is destroyed and you have to build a new one to get home.

This is why i love your mod so much, you get to build that ship to get you home.

But there doesnt appear to be a way built into the mod to get you from the planet to your new ship.

Because of this i like to finish every game with space-x by putting a car into one last rocket and launching myself into space as though i am going to dock with my newly made ship and go home.

of course you just fall back to the ground when you do this haha and the game has technically already ended by this point because the ship is finished so its not as epic an end to your mission.

So, I was wondering if it were possible for you to add a space capsule item to the mod?

just some sort of expensive item based off the car so you can craft it, load it into the rocket, hit enter to jump inside it and be launched into space!

Thus finishing the journey of building your ship and leaving your factory to go home.

PS Even more epic would be if this rocket launch would trigger the end game screen when it finished its animatiion so you dont fall back to the ground.

This would be so good and allow players like me to finish the game (IMO).... properly lol.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
Tyler.

3 years ago

It is possible that there is an extension to this mod in the works that includes said capsule.....

3 years ago

Hot damn, this would honestly make my year. Could this possible extention that's possibly in the works be possibly be aimed at a possible release in time for 1.0? :P lol

3 years ago

Unlikely, unfortunately - lots to do

3 years ago

ah no worries, im not going anywhere anytime soon haha. good luck!!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hmm, what if you loaded your capsule's (car's) inventory with some supplies and then you somehow crash landed again!

In terms of game mechanics, land blindly on a fresh random seed with whatever stuff you had on you and whatever was stored in your capsule as a starting inventory.

New response