Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Greatly extend the end game requiring multiple launches and massively increased science. Requires 40+ launches, and of a variety of new components. The goal is to build a vessel capable of getting you off the planet and home safely. Updated graphics courtesy of Steinerrr. Russian translation courtesy of Zerggurat.

2 months ago
0.13.7 - 1.1

b "Ignore tech price multiplier" doesn't work correctly with Bob's mods compatibility?

4 years ago

Hi,

I recently started a playthrough on latest Factorio Version 0.17.79 with most of AngelBobs-mods and SpaceX. I tweaked the the Vanilla setting for "technology price multiplier" to 10, but also checked the "Ignore tech price multiplier" in the SpaceX-mod settings. The research and production multipliers in the mod settings are set to 1, launch profile is "classic". "No Bob's mods compatibility" is unchecked, since I want it to be compatible.

The result is that e.g. "Space Assembly"-tech needs 150K science (so it seems the tech multiplier still was applied) and - much worse - the FTL theories cost 20 million each. I had a good laugh about that, but unless I pass the base on to my grandchildren, that's a bit too much effort.

I also tested: when I check the "No Bob's mods compatibility" setting and start a new game with the same settings as above, then Space Assembly costs 15K and the FTLs costs 500K, so that seems to work fine.

So, I guess the "Ignore tech price multiplier"-setting is ignored when also "No Bob's mods compatibility" is unchecked? Could you confirm?

Also: is there a way to fix this in my game? Or should I simply manually set the tech multiplier to 1 again in the console before researching the SpaceX-components?

Thanks for the mod by the way!

Best,
hfn

3 years ago

So, I guess the "Ignore tech price multiplier"-setting is ignored when also "No Bob's mods compatibility" is unchecked? Could you confirm?

yes, sure (./prototypes/techonology[-bobs].lua)

3 years ago

created little mod to tweak.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpaceMod-byOswald

basic settings reduces total packs needed to 172k of all science packs.
if you need you can change up to 176M via settings.

New response