Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Greatly extend the end game requiring multiple launches and massively increased science. Requires 40+ launches, and of a variety of new components. The goal is to build a vessel capable of getting you off the planet and home safely. Updated graphics courtesy of Steinerrr. Russian translation courtesy of Zerggurat.

2 months ago
0.13.7 - 1.1

b Bob + SpaceMod + SpaceEx = Techloop (2 fix suggestions included)

4 years ago

When using Bob's pack, SpaceMod and SpaceEx combined, a technology loop is created.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/497860215010754560/581408653287096351/unknown.png

First, Bob is setting up his tech tree stuff (data.lua):
For radars-4, you need nitinol-processing (prototypes/recipe/recipe-updates.lua#200)

Second, SpaceEx is removing requirements from the tech tree to prevent tech loops (data-final-fixes):
For rocket-silo, you DO NOT need radars-4 (prototypes/phase-4/bobs.lua#90)
For rocket-silo, you DO NOT need nitinol-processing (prototypes/phase-4/bobs.lua#142)

Third, SpaceMod is adding requirements to the tech tree (data-final-fixes):
For rocket-silo, you need radars-4 (prototypes/technology-bobs.lua#103)
For rocket-silo, you need nitinol-processing, which is redundant as it also requires radars-4 (prototypes/technology-bobs.lua#107)

First and preferred fix suggestion is to use the Data lifecycle properly. I see no reason why you would want to add the requirements in data-final-fixes.lua, so I would suggest renaming data-final-fixes.lua to data-updates.lua. This will also make sure that Bob can do some final fixes if he so wants to.

Second fix suggestion is to remove the two lines (#103 and #107) so that these requirements are no longer added.

4 years ago

Sorry, but I am already using the data lifecycle correctly. Your suggestion is terrible and would cause issues.

There is a setting in the startup settings for the Space Extension Mod that allows you to disable the bob's mods recipes. Setting this will fix your issue (at the cost of using vanilla recipes).

4 years ago

As it is not possible to go to the settings, because the game will simply not load, your solution is no solution.
My suggestion has been tested and works, so I'm not sure where you would get the issues from..

4 years ago

Not possible to go to mod settings?? Disable SpaceEx, goto mod settings.... Not particularly hard

New response