Soviet-Tesla-Coils

by Gouitsu

Replica Soviet Tesla Coils from command and conquer red alert 2. Updated graphics (Player can choose color), new beam and now with damage increase research. Hero Turrets has been patched to work with this mod.

Content
2 years ago
Combat

b incompatibility with "HeroTurrets."

2 years ago

The HeroTurrets mod allows them to level up, just like in C&C. but installing both mods makes me unable to start factorio, it tells me to disable heroturrets.

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "hero-turret-1-for-soviet-tesla-coil" (electric-turret): Different frame counts (expected 32, but has 1) in animation layers of heroturrets/graphics/entity/turret/hero-1-base.png in property tree at ROOT.electric-turret.hero-turret-1-for-soviet-tesla-coil.base_picture.layers[3]

2 years ago

It seems to me that the author of hero turrets needs to add support for animated base sprites, making these coils compatible would break the animations on the Tesla coils.

2 years ago

incompatibility with "HeroTurrets." That sounds familiar ^^

the easiest way for the Soviet-Tesla-Coils is to add a mod check that checks if Hero Turrets is active.

If it is active, the code area with the animated sprites is skipped. At least that's how I solved it in one of my mods.

2 years ago

Yeah I saw the easy way but that would compromise the animations, the ideal solution would be to get my frame count and insert it into the repeat count somehow.

2 years ago

Casishur Hero turrets will support your original animations now I believe as it now checks for frame count.

2 years ago

Has this been resolved? I have both this mod and Hero Turrets installed and the turrets do not level up. Perhaps this is the wrong forum, but it seems to be related to not working well with one another. Please post if anyone else is having the save issue.

2 years ago

This issue was solved a while ago.

This thread has been locked.