Solar Robots

Adds solar panels to robots so they can work longer during the day. Needs new sprites but uses tint to help make them look different.

Content
6 years ago
Logistic network

g Extreme slow down with mod

6 years ago

I just tried this mod and it made my game FPS rate drop dramatically. Seemed to be doing an excessive number of calculations with this mod enabled. Not sure why, I didn't have any active robots on the map.

6 years ago

:(
Hm. I'll see if I can figure it out. I haven't run into any issues on my laptop. If you have any more info it would be appreciated.

6 years ago

Yeah I just tried this mod as an attempt to reduce some of my charging problems (I had about 10,000 bots on the save) and 60UPS dropped to 10UPS.
Also there's a problem if you add this mod to a game after researching construction or logistics robotics there's no way to unlock the bots

6 years ago

the idea is nice, but the mod is completely unusable for me since it drops my fps/ups from 60 to values in the range of 20-30, sometimes even lower, although i even did not have robots researched yet. i rather don't want to know what happens with thousands of bots active ...

I'm not a modder myself, but some hints:
- for people that add the mod on existing saves, you need some migration to check whether the techs already have been researched and then enable your mod's techs and recipes correspondingly. you seem to have made such an attempt, but with flawed logic: it makes no sense to check for logistics-robotics only if construction-robotics hasn't been researched yet (you need two "if then" instead of one "if then elseif then")
- F4 gives nice info about performance: you can enable the display of FPS/UPS, as well as "show-time-usage" (that's probably what was meant in some other discussion thread where someone said "above 35"; usual values should be well below 1, and >5 is very noticable lag)
- scanning the entire surface (dozens or hundreds of chunks) all the time (on every tick) can't be done in a reasonable time. and even if you only once create a list of thousands of bots, you can't check them all on every tick, but need to spread that so that on every tick only a percentage of all of them is handled.

New response