Smarter Inserter

by Ellomir

This mod changes inserters in a way they never drop items on floor.

Content
6 years ago
Logistics

b Unable to build burner miner circles

6 years ago

I wanted to use this mod, but I discovered that it is not possible to use those burner mining drill circles for quick and efficient early game coal mining.

You know things like these: https://wiki.factorio.com/images/Early_coal_mining_1.jpg

You need to add mining drills into your mod, since you not only need to automate putting coal into burner miners, but also sulfuric acid into electric miners to mine uranium ore.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

This is somewhat annoying. Found the same problem even when trying to feed miners by inserter from a belted output. In the code, there is a list of entity types that are allowed to be fed by inserters, which is lacking mining drills. I assume this is to prevent electric mining drills from being fed by inserters, and then evaporating the item as the drill is removed (inserters that "deactivate" destroy their held items). I don't think this should be a problem though. Editing it on my end now~

EDIT: As far as I can tell, it worked. Haven't tried burner circles, but inserting into burner drills does work. Add this line somewhere among the other usefull_target_types in control.lua:

usefull_target_type["mining-drill"] = true

6 years ago

Hi
Thanks for the feedback, I am not able to work on the mod right now but I will in a few days.
Your solution is fine BTW and should fix Warringer's problem

6 years ago

Version 0.1.7 makes burner mining-drill and inserters working.

New response