Small Inline Storage Tank

A small storage tank that stores 3000 fluids.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Storage

g really nice buffer

5 years ago

i just finished setting up some biomass production which needs a buffer for a "feed back loop", and since i had not yet installed this fine mod, i used a normal tank with some pumps to limit storage. it would have been much easier to simply insert this inline storage tank as bufffer for small amounts up to 3k. i already know what kind of rebuild I'll do tomorrow :-)

one small glitch: this inline buffer can be connected to the logistic network just like normal tanks are connected (very nice), but you didn't adjust the small yellow "connection panel" and thus it is shown (depending on rotation) either 1 tile away to the bottom left or 1 tile away to the bottom right where other pipes or machines might be located.

btw: while testing and rotating the inline buffer, i found that it is also usable as an easy switch. simply rotate this tank and shut off some liquid flow without losing the contents (it costs some fluid more than a simple pipe to fill it once, but unlike removing a pipe the rotation costs no fluid in the future).
and this is even usable for special situations, eg you can build a cross of pipes (buffer in the center) with some normal flow in one direction, and if the "side pipes" need some fluid once in a while, manually rotate the buffer to empty it into those other pipes and then rotate it back for normal operation, all without any need for electricity, eg during some power crisis (just thinking about a normal steam tank to kickstart power generation after a brownout, by having such a pipe-cross at a corner of that normal tank: normal operation fills the big tank, and to kickstart the power generation rotate the buffer and empty the tank into another steam engine)

5 years ago

Hi Anson!!! hmm.. now i see the floating yellow connector!!! Im fixing now... Hope its ok!!

Nice trick with the rotation!!! XD I had not thought of that, like a valve to connect 4 pipes without needing pumps, turning off an on! Nice idea!

By the way, i want to thank you for all testing and improve of the mods!! It's really helping me a lot to learn and to see the mistakes!!! Keep up Anson, you are making all better! THANKS!!

New response