Show Unconnected

All underground belts, undeground pipes and electric poles have mark when not connected / now: bad UPS optimization! / soon: good UPS optimization

Utilities
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

i A setting to enable/disable it ?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hello,

This mod is really usefull for the troubleshoting, but on the usual play/move it distract me with warning icons;-)
I see warnings everywhere...
My friends have blueprints made to be extended/chained, then there are lot of open (not connected) items that are not to fix.
If I remove the not-connected items, they will fire me :-P

I hope to be able to enable/disable the rendering effect.
I dreams to be able to enable it when I need to troubleshoot or when I have finished a work to check if I didn't miss something.

Thanks for this usefull mod !

Regards,

5 years ago

It's possible. Is it enough to select them with selection tool? So one selection tool for hide, alternative button to unhide them.

5 years ago

I don't know If I doing wrong but im unable to hide them.
When I move the mouse on the object, i.e. an unconnected electric pole,
If I click on the pole, it open the electric stats panel.
If I click on the "not connected warning", nothing happens.
What is the selection tool for you ?

5 years ago

New selection tool, like blueprint or deconstruction selection tool.
For example you can see how another selection tool was done in https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FogRemover

It will be easy for pipes and underground belts, but disabling of unconnected energy will be pretty tricky, it updates automatically every n ticks. It means that removing of "no energy" signal will be permanent.

5 years ago

I will reformulate my initial need : I need a way to hide them all and unhide them all.

I suppose the unconnected items are common to all players.
I don't need a tool to change visibility of each item only for me.

It is possible to toggle (enable/disable) the rendering of the unconnected items by each player independantly ?

Almost like a map information layer (we can toggle visibility of each layer) the items are still there but they are hided or not.
With a player setting checkbox or a shortcut button ?

5 years ago

No, right now all is impossible: all signals are entities like rocks and they cannot be hidden. If I find better solution then I need time to implement it as you asked before.

Right now I can give you a selection tool to destroy unconnected belt/pipe signal. For electric power poles it's not so easy :(

5 years ago

I understand that is more complicated that I was imaginate.
Thanks for your answer and the time spent.
Even If I will prefere be able to hide/unhide warning, it stays a very powerfull util !
Thanks for this mod !

New response