ShockTurret

by foekat

Adds Shock Turrets, which are early game electric turrets. They use little energy making them good for early game if you don't like restoring turrets with ammo. Their speed and damage can be upgraded.

Utilities
1 year, 8 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Latest update is causing an error on load.

1 year, 8 months ago

Failing to load a very modded game of Factorio after the latest update. Getting the following error.

Error ModManager.cpp:1558: Error while running setup for entity prototype "adikings-shock-turret" (electric-turret): next_upgrade target (laser-turret) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (laser-turret != adikings-electric-turret).

Paste Bin of full log https://pastebin.com/Jm0FTtKU

1 year, 8 months ago

Do you have any mods installed that already tweak the laser turret? I only tested it without any other mods.

1 year, 8 months ago

Very likely since I am running K2+SE. I guess I'll have to see if I can narrow it down some more.

1 year, 8 months ago

I uploaded a new version, could you try it with that one? It seems to work with SE or K2. I couldn't try it with both because K2 won't load for me because of SE.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

I'm getting a similar issue with Endgame Combat. I have lots of mods also but the whole lists loads fine with either but not both loaded.
Error ModManager.cpp:1623: Error while running setup for entity prototype "adikings-shock-turret" (electric-turret): next_upgrade target (laser-turret) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (laser-turret != turret)
Is there a small change I can make in order for them to be compatible? I tried fiddling with it unsuccessfully, but I'm not a coder by any stretch. Thanks for the help!

Edit: I've managed to fix my issue, though I still don't fully understand exactly why it happened. Its actually a conflict with bobswarfare, but I guess would be overwritten with no issue by either one or the other conflicting mod but not both? I have no idea. But editing the fast replaceable group for turrets in bobswarfare to match that of EC and ST fixes it, though I'm not sure if there will be consequences for this. Hopefully nothing beyond the upgrade function wigging out.

For anyone else, I did this by changing the data.raw override in ShockTurrets turrets.lua file to 'data.raw["electric-turret"]["laser-turret"].fast_replaceable_group = "laser-turret"' and adding 'fast_replaceable_group = "laser-turret"," as well as "next_upgrade = "laser-turret",'
Next I changed the data.raw override in the same file in bobswarfare to
data.raw["ammo-turret"]["gun-turret"].fast_replaceable_group = "gun-turret"
data.raw["electric-turret"]["laser-turret"].fast_replaceable_group = "laser-turret"

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

double post

New response