Ships

adds ships

Content
6 years ago
Transportation

i Dock implementation

6 years ago

would it be possible to have a landfill type terrain which allowed the passage of the ship so it wouldn't destroy it like landfill does but would still allow to be walked upon?

6 years ago

Perhaps a pier? Ideally it would act as a transport belt and pull the ship (sideways or backwards) closer to shore so you can reliably get in and out.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Not sure about a landfill type terrain that can allow both ships and walking for docks, piers, etc., as the ability to specify what terrain an entity can move over is not very flexible. But if you just want a "bridge" where a ship can pass "under" ... then a teleporter mechanic is possible within the modding framework, you place a "bridge" which would be a transport belt type entity so it could keep track of both ends easily ... and the mod would detect when you walk towards 1 end and teleport you to the other. I'll look into making this as a separate mod and let you know, as I've been wanting something like this for a while myself. This theoretical "bridge" entity might also work as a dock entity, if it allowed you to place one end in the water near where you want to park the ship (and maybe put you in the ship if one is close by).

New response