ShinyBob

Far better graphics for Bob's mods by Qumojo/qjm123 and Nexela. Graphics compression by Inequalitix.

Tweaks
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.14

b Breaks Long Reach

7 years ago

Seems to break long reach in steam experimental-0.14

7 years ago

I'm sorry, but I don't think this can possibly be the cause. ShinyBob is a graphical modification of Bob's mods, and unless Long Reach interacts with Bob's mods, it's unlikely this is the cause. You should contact qjm123 about this if you still have reasonable suspicion.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it seems weird to me too. In a new map with [base, bobconfig, boblibrary, long-reach and ShinyBob], Long Reach doesn't function. In a new map the same but without ShinyBob, it does. Bizarre.

Edit: All mods up to date as of writing. Steam, experimental-0.14

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Same here with factorio-reach_2.1.1 ...
This is really weird, the problem occurs only with ShinyBob
edit : This bug is not only occurs with the experimental 0.14, it's the same with the 0.13

edit 2 : The code in the "data-final-fixes.lua" cause this bug

if reach_mod then
data.raw.player.player.build_distance = 12
data.raw.player.player.reach_distance = 10
end

There is a simple way to fix this, extract ShinyBob in the mods directory and DELETE the file data-final-fixes.lua ( don't forget to re-zip or remove the zip file ).

7 years ago

Good pickup Alex. Thanks for the fix!

7 years ago

Turns out this is a configuration issue. Enable long reach mods by setting "reach_mod = false" in config.lua

7 years ago

Thank you for your insight. Sorry about the delay, but your change was incorporated into the latest update.

New response