Searchlight

Build long ranged lights that track enemies from a distance! Searchlights are non-damaging, electric-powered turrets requiring Optics technology.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i Non Damage request

2 years ago

I really like the searchlights and I know that some people have remixes that add damage but I dont think that is really appropriate. Would it be possible to make things it targets get dazed (aka mess with their pathing) or increase range against that target/increase turret ranges that are near it? I feel like that could create meaningful impact beyond them looking really cool! Thanks for the Awesome thematic mod otherwise and GLHF!

2 years ago

Pathing obstruction could theoretically be implemented, a script could listen for a new (not an on-fire) sticker, plonking down a bait entity for collision/aggro where the sticker was created at, which may potentially lead to !!FUN!!. The problem lay in the beam, wrangling a scripted timer for multiple turrets (challenging with 0 damage from the beam) and how the engine manages stickers. Searchlights which spawn mines? hmmm...

New response