SeaTorio

The engineer is stuck on a small island, with only access to water, wood, fish and sand.

Scenarios
1 year, 5 months ago

g Seablock Comparisons

2 years ago

First off, the mod looks interesting and I’m excited to give it a go. The thing that worries me right off the bat is that I’m hoping it’s not easy or simple to progress. I’ve tried other Seablock like mods and they rip all the fun out of challenges.

In terms of complexity, how does this compare to Seablock?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The progress is extremely slow.
I made this mod for that exact reason, that ore should not be made with just power/magic.
It should feel as if the engineer truly is stuck with only the small amounts of resources you can find in the water.

When I play-tested it (early game) it was in some way more brutal than seablock as we have a burning phase, with no way to filter resources.
It gives plenty of starting items right now, but once that run out every plate science will feel expensive.

I predict that in the mid game you will have to use the enrichment process to enrich ore to gain more value.
Also Breven foundry mod has a way to gain additional value. That I predict will be important.
The majority of the gameplay will be about expanding and improving raw resource production.

To me it seems like what you are looking for is the exact goal I want this mod to be.

2 years ago

Woah, what a great follow-up to my post. Thank you very much for your time and details given. This sounds extremely interesting and I am going to start a play through. I’ll let you know if I run into any QOL mod compatibility issues.

2 years ago

Thanks I am still working to improve and adjust the mod, so feedback would be nice. :)

2 years ago

Thanks I am still working to improve and adjust the mod, so feedback would be nice. :)

I continue see lots of updates for this mod (which is great to see the refinement) and just wanted to quickly ask how you feel about the current state of the mod? In terms of changes, did you see yourself continuing to change and update the mod that will effect a playthrough dramatically?

I obviously played the mod over a month ago and I’m wanting to start another run but not if a lot of changes are still coming down the pipe. Or should I not even worry about that and just play and update as you update?

2 years ago

It seem to have stabilized now, The early game seems to work fine now.

There are some things to keep an eye on, to see how they will turn out after getting really far into the game.
like coal production, as we no longer can get extra coal from crude oil unless productivity is used.
I will also keep an eye out for uranium, to see if there will be enough of it to make purple science, nuclear power and fusion.
But those will come much later in the game.

If there are some more balance issues that come up I will attempt to make tweaks that don't affect current playthroughs.

2 years ago

It seem to have stabilized now, The early game seems to work fine now.

My personal opinion is that you made the early game much better and a lot more fun to do. I’m enjoying the changes so far.

I will continue the playthrough tonight and I’m excited 😎

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

New response