Sea Block

No ore patches, expand from a small island. Also install the 'Sea Block Pack - Official' mod for a complete modpack

Overhaul
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1

b [Fixed]Seablock causes loop in techtree

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Adding the seablock mod causes an "Error loading mods - Difficulty normal: Cycle in technology tree detected.
steel-processing
-> basic-chemistry-2
-> water-treatment-2
-> slag-processing-1
-> steel-processing
"

The combination of angel's and bob's mod dependencies themselves load, it's the seablock specifically that causes it.

Mods downloaded yesterday, all mods uptodate (I'm aware one shouldn't update all mods all the time especially when running seablock, but my last install was from 0.18 so I had to ^^)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

in "SeaBlock\data-updates\misc.lua" on line 13 'steel-processing' is set as a prereq for 'slag-processing-1' i dont know if that is the issue or it is somewhere else

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

i think i have found a fix:
in "SeaBlock_0.5.4\data-updates\misc.lua" i have added: bobmods.lib.tech.remove_prerequisite('basic-chemistry-2','steel-processing') under line 12
and the game launched fine, the tech tree aswell a

2 years ago

That sounds about right, given the chemistry stuff gets merged just a few lines later.
Good find.

Now to wait if Kiwi approves :D

2 years ago

Turns out, not a fix. Green science is behind basic chemistry 2 which requires it.
Needs a proper update instead.

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

Don't worry, I've already fixed this issue :-)

2 years ago

Is this fix available, how do we get the mod pack to run?

2 years ago

I'm still having the same issue.

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

No, the fix isn't available yet. For now you need to revert to earlier versions of Angel's mods.

The required mod versions are all listed on the forum post: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=93136

The forum post also has a link to download all the mods in the pack at the correct versions.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

after several attempts I finally got it !
I'll try to explain it for the others who like me didn't understood previous explanations

in C:/user/Yourname/appdata/roaming/factorio/mods

you need to replace the files that you got after instaling seablock pack

angelsaddons-storage_0.0.6
angelsbioprocessing_0.7.19
angelspetrochem_0.9.19
angelsrefining_0.11.21
angelssmelting_0.6.16

by

angelsaddons-storage_0.0.4
angelsbioprocessing_0.7.17
angelspetrochem_0.9.17
angelsrefining_0.11.19
angelssmelting_0.6.14

to do that you have to go on the pages of the 5 angel's mods listed here https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=93136 and each time pick the "old" version in the download tab

then it works !!! :) :) :)

2 years ago

No, the fix isn't available yet. For now you need to revert to earlier versions of Angel's mods.

Yeah I didn't realize you linked the whole archive in your forum post -.-
Using the archive with all the mods included of course works just fine thumbsup :)

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

Glad to hear that you both got it working! Should have an updated version out soonish, hopefully ...

2 years ago

how soon are we talking i really wanna get back into seablock

2 years ago

I am also looking forward to getting back in any update on the fix being released?

2 years ago

Any chance for an update this weekend?

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

I'm waiting on an update to at least Angel's. Ideally Science Cost Tweaker too. So it's not completely in my control. Both are looking super close to being ready though!

2 years ago

Kiwi, I came on your Discord a few weeks back to ask what the status was and I just want to say that I appreciate how courteous you're being with your replies while keeping us up to date! I've seen a bunch of modders who would either respond by getting angry at their players or who would just refuse to reply at all.

I've ended up playing a different game in the meantime, but I'm still checking this page every once in a while just to get caught up, and Seablock is definitely going to be my next Factorio game. Thanks for all the hard work, it's very much appreciated.

2 years ago

Any news from either mexmer or the bob and angels teams on their update?
I knbow this is out of your control, but I am hoping you have some contact to maybe provide an update if possible about the mods affecting your patching.

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Kiwi, I came on your Discord a few weeks back to ask what the status was and I just want to say that I appreciate how courteous you're being with your replies while keeping us up to date! I've seen a bunch of modders who would either respond by getting angry at their players or who would just refuse to reply at all.

That's alright. I know how frustrating it can be waiting with no information πŸ™‚

Any news from either mexmer or the bob and angels teams on their update?

I am in contact with the other mod devs. I keep checking in to see what the status is, without trying to push them too much. The Angel's changes are all done and tested. There's a few other things they want to get finished first before releasing though.

Mexmer didn't have as much to change. He's made the changes but wants to wait until Angel's update before releasing his next version πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

2 years ago

Do you have an estimated date for the next version?

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

Nope, sorry. Still waiting on Angel's! They've decided to include fixes for a couple more issues. It's out of my control ...

2 years ago

I think that I have found a fix:
in "SeaBlock_0.5.4\data-updates\misc.lua"
I have removed the line 13: " bobmods.lib.tech.add_prerequisite('steel-processing', 'slag-processing-1')
and the game launched fine.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

EDIT: oh yeah, Feye mentioned this one already, sorry for repeating this

I think that I have found a fix:
in "SeaBlock_0.5.4\data-updates\misc.lua"
I have removed the line 13: " bobmods.lib.tech.add_prerequisite('steel-processing', 'slag-processing-1')
and the game launched fine.

I tried that fix and for a while yes, the game did launch fine, it seems that green science unlock requires green science to research. Basic Chemistry 2 and Water Treatment 2 seem to be prerequisites for eventually getting into green science.
Picture of the tech tree for reference: https://i.imgur.com/FGQwdq6.png

Really fascinating mod, but seems like all of the best mods, the installation and hunting of correct mod versions has some inconvenience :D
And yeah it's completely understandable if this is some issue that just waits on other mods of the mod pack to eventually update, hopefully that happens eventually.

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

Yes, I've fixed this but am still waiting for Angel's to update before releasing. It should be soon hopefully but it's outside my control.

To play Sea Block, look on the forum post. It has the required mod versions listed. Also has a link to download the whole mod pack at the correct versions.

2 years ago

Yes, I've fixed this but am still waiting for Angel's to update before releasing. It should be soon hopefully but it's outside my control.

To play Sea Block, look on the forum post. It has the required mod versions listed. Also has a link to download the whole mod pack at the correct versions.

Yeah I found that out pretty soon after looking into this and noticing how I'm probably the hundredth guy to notify you about this issue.

That being said, I've been having a blast, playing this makes me feel alternately an idiot at times and a genius at others. I'd almost want the copious amount of time wasted back if I hadn't been having so much fun!

2 years ago

How major will the update be? I am currently pondering about starting a new seablock playthrough because I have a lot of time right now and I am not sure if its worth waiting for the updates.

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

No significant changes to the early game. Here's the list of breaking changes:
https://seablock.fandom.com/wiki/Breaking_Changes

2 years ago

Angels updates just came out. Any timeframe on the update?

KiwiHawk β˜†
2 years ago

This weekend! New version is currently in beta testing

New response