Sea Block

No ore patches, expand from a small island. Also install the 'Sea Block Pack - Official' mod for a complete modpack

Overhaul
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Error loading mods

4 years ago

Not sure if this is a problem with Seablock or angelsrefining, but after updating all my mods to the latest version I'm getting the following error:

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe "slag-processing-5" (recipe): Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.slag-processing-5
Modifications: Angel's Refining -> Sea Block

Mods to be disabled:
- angelsrefining
- SeaBlock

4 years ago

Same bug here

4 years ago

Ok so I did a little debugging, this is quite strange.

Line 156 of data-updates.lua seems to be the problem:
recipe.icon_size = nil

If you remove this line for slag-processing 5 and 6 the game loads fine:
if i<5 then
recipe.icon_size = nil
end

The strange part is that icon_size seems to exist for slag-processing 5 and 6. I threw in a logging statement right before the problem step:
log('DEBUG'..i..': recipe.icon_size='..serpent.block(recipe.icon_size))

And it shows they all exist:
11.481 Script @SeaBlock/data-updates.lua:157: DEBUG1: recipe.icon_size=32
11.481 Script @SeaBlock/data-updates.lua:157: DEBUG2: recipe.icon_size=32
11.481 Script @SeaBlock/data-updates.lua:157: DEBUG3: recipe.icon_size=32
11.481 Script @SeaBlock/data-updates.lua:157: DEBUG4: recipe.icon_size=32
11.481 Script @SeaBlock/data-updates.lua:157: DEBUG5: recipe.icon_size=32
11.481 Script @SeaBlock/data-updates.lua:157: DEBUG6: recipe.icon_size=32

I'm not really that much of an expert on factorio modding or lua, I just started looking into modding today. If that variable exists in the table it should be possible to set to nil right?

4 years ago

It seems that they have changed how slag-processing recepies generated in angelsrefining and added other form of icons to recepies. I just added recpie.icons = nil alongside to recpies.icon_size = nil in data-updates.lua and now it works. Dunno how legitimate this solution is.

4 years ago

I added value of 32 in line 156 ( recipe.icon_size = 32 ) and it's working. But game removes one of the recipes : salt-water-electrolysis-2.

4 years ago

Anyone got a fix for this yet the above ones are a little complex for my level? any help would be cool

4 years ago

You can do the above "fix" by doing the following:
- Find the mods folder. On my machine using Windows, this is in C:\users(windows username)\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods
- Unzip SeaBlock_0.4.1.zip so mods contains the folder SeaBlock_0.4.1 (note that when you extract in Windows there will be two nested folders called SeaBlock_0.4.1, so you'll have to move in the lower one up a level)
- The file to update is SeaBlock_0.4.1\data-updates.lua.
- Delete line 156 "recipe.icon_size = nil"
- You don't have to re-zip it, just open factorio and it should work.

Note this is a pretty hacky fix but it gets the game running.

4 years ago

Thanks

4 years ago

Works for me for no error. Have you other mods installed? i have update the Sea Block and works fine no error.

New response