Sea Block

No ore patches, expand from a small island. Also install the 'Sea Block Pack - Official' mod for a complete modpack

Overhaul
2 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Couple thoughts

5 years ago

Love the pack, it's what I've been looking for to reinvigorate my interest in Factorio, which i'd quit for a while (but kept checking the mod news daily hoping for something new).

Couple thoughts. I'm only a couple hours in.

First, wood pellets can be made into wood blocks, but the wood blocks are not fuel. Is this intentional?

Second, how do you feel about the mod "Squeak through". It allows you to move between any and all buildings, by reducing the size of all footprints by 1 pixel.

Last, (and this one is just watercooler talk) the starting inventory is HUGE! You're sent down with a virtual powerhouse of wind towers and a million dollars worth of iron plates. I know why, i really do get it, but it would be nice if in the future the start was more "grass roots". I like that your first actions are literally "forage for weeds to make into wood pellets". Would be awesome if there was some way to make the early tech leaps more grass roots like that, not "build a factory and hook it up to the ocean".

Okay, that's my thoughts. Thanks!

5 years ago

Glad you're enjoying it. Sea block removes the fuel value from wood bricks to avoid this issue: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46634. If wood bricks had a fuel value then furnaces would fill up their fuel slot with a complete stack before starting to produce charcoal. It takes a long time for a couple of algae farms to produce a full stack of wood bricks.

I wouldn't mind if the bounding boxes of modded buildings were a bit smaller. Most base game buildings allow the player to walk between closely packed layouts. Not sure why many modded buildings don't allow it. Squeak through takes things a bit too far by allowing players to walk through pipes. Having to leave walking paths with underground pipes is part of the layout puzzle I don't want to remove.

New response