Scotts Logistics

Help get your factory started with some drones! An early (but awful) alternative to robots. Introduces several intermediate tier logistics items (and a few non-logistics items) to bridge the gap between mid game and end game items.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Logistics

g How to use Drones

5 years ago

Hi, I've made some drones and a drone passive provider chest, but don't seem to be getting the drones to do anything once deployed. What do I have to do to make them do anything? The chest just flashes with the warning about lack of roboport. I'm not at the stage that I'd have a roboport, and if I was I'd just use robots instead of drones anyway.
If drones are only supposed to work with a roboport, then what is the point of having them in the game?
I think something in the FAQ for this would help people figure out how to use the new drone network.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Seems like you have a "drone-port" item in the mod, but no technology to unlock the recipe. Seems like this should be a part of the simple-logistics-system. I'm going to add to the technology in my local copy and see if that works.

EDIT: This did seem to work even on an existing world where I already got the tech. Just added "drone-port" recipe as unlock to simple-logistics-system.

Also, great mod btw, having lots of fun with the slower but cheaper belts and inserters. Really helps that "your factory shouldn't rely on fast belts" feel.

5 years ago

Your 100% correct, I did totally forget making the Drone port a technology. I will upload a new version asap. Thanks for letting me know! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far.

5 years ago

Hey I still have some problems with using drones. Even when the blue droneport is placed, the drones still cant use any logistic chests. The chests are flashing yellow with no roboport icon, both passive and storage.

5 years ago

Make sure the chests are inside the yellow logistic radius, it is smaller for the droneports than regular roboports. If it is already close to the port, let me know and I will take a look at it. Thanks for playing the mod, sorry you’ve had issues.

5 years ago

@red_dog95 Hey the droneport has no yellow radius. The chests were on the tile next to the port.

5 years ago

Raukgorth is correct, you didn't release a .8 update it seems with the fix from Git

5 years ago

So is there a fix yet? 'cause I have the exact same problem there

5 years ago

You're both right. I applied the fix, tested it and promptly forgot to update the version online. I'll get that update posted soon. My apologies.

New response