Scorched earth

Even if you disassembled an outpost, traces of your stay will remain on the alien planet for many years.

Tweaks
5 years ago
0.14 - 0.17

i Too scorched

7 years ago

The idea is great but it seems that mod is somewhat overeager. The earth turns coal black in an instant if you place and remove an electric pole, or replace a transport belt. And it does so in a patchy pattern.

I'd say some small entities like chests, poles, belts, inserters, lamps and whatever else should be exempted from this.

Also, maybe even big and dirty entities like miners and assemblers should not burn the land right away. Store a variable per chunk that remembers the time your machines existed there and scorch the earth if it is more than a five minutes maybe.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi, Adil,

1-2. I will try to avoid the deterioration by only replacement of the entity and will add an option in the config for the exclusion of 1-tile entities.
3. I will think on it. Isn't this solution too heavy for performance reasons? This will require additional logic in each onBuilt event and even in onTick.
And even if the big building is dismantled immediately after construction, the foundation of the building and the dismantling should already deteriorate earth beneath, isn't it?

Thanks,
Alex

7 years ago

Similar problem exist with paving. Lets say You build diagonal road or got one extra here or there.

Now lets remove 1x1 concrete tile and i got 3x3 scorched earth that replaces my paving.

Removing assemblers with central point on native ground, also mess user paving. This also holds for labs, tanks and probably everything 3x3.

Cannot reproduce behavior with 2x2 furnaces, steam engines, refineries, big modded buildings.

Overall brilliant mod. Much better executed than Dirt mod or feature from Natural Expansion.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi, SQLek,
Yes, this issue reproducible mainly for 1x1 and 3x3 entities on sand. Will be addressed by 14.22.10.
Thanks for the feedback!

New response