Science Three

by Meade

Removes drills for Science Pack 3.

Tweaks
5 years ago

i merge

5 years ago

maybe just merge all your recent "easymode recipies" in to big modification and just add some options in mod settings to activate or deactivate different parts of this mod

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

^.
in case you're unfamiliar, use:
if settings.startup["modname-settingName"].value == true then --insert recipes with data:extend end

5 years ago

I am unfamiliar, yes. Hence why there are three mods instead of just the one, my modding experience in general is only made up of the ones I've published here and don't know how to add options to activate/deactivate parts of the mod in-game.

5 years ago

Best mod example how to add/remove something by clicking some checkbox:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/what-fish

5 years ago

if, though, you set up a mod with many varied recipe tweaks/disable options, make sure to create a locale (langauge) file for the mod settings, and have the settings default to false. this way, players must go in and toggle the ones they want manually. otherwise, they add the mod, it changes stuff they weren't expecting, and it takes them two days to figure out what mod was doing it lol.

5 years ago

wormmus config is nothing but mod-settings and recipe edits, so i'd suggest checking that out, too. it'll also give you an example on how to use a function to create settings so that code looks a bit cleaner, easier to edit if you later decide to add a lot more.

New response