Science Pack Galore

by Semenar

Add lots of types of science packs to spice up your set-ups with additional production lines! Includes 36 new science packs.

2 years ago

i Problems with randomized recipes

2 years ago

I have noticed a few problems with the option to randomize science packs.
First of all the seed doesn't seem to do anything. I tried several seeds with and without other mods and the recipes didn't change.

The next problem might be a bit harder to fix. When randomizing recipes in larger modpacks (eg. AngelBob or just Bob's mods) the science pack requirements are unevenly distributed across the technologies. Most of the technologies only require the first few science pack and some require way more than the previous tech.
My solution to this would be to order all the technologies before generating the recipes, based on the prerequisites and the science packs required without Science Pack Galore. Then the science packs needed can be determined with a gradient. For example if there was 108 technologies a new science pack would be required every 3 technologies.(As to equally distribute the 36 packs)

My last suggestion was already mentioned in another thread: configurable amount of science packs.

I am having a lot of fun playing with the randomized recipes with other mods and would love to see the feature improved even further!

New response