Science Pack Galore

by Semenar

Add lots of types of science packs to spice up your set-ups with additional production lines! Includes 36 new science packs.

2 years ago

b Error while loading technology prototype "logistics-2"

2 years ago

Hey, I got an error, running this on Factorio 1.1.35

Failed to load mods: Error while loading technology prototype "logistics-2" (technology): Difficulty normal: Ingredient with type item and name "sem:spg_science-pack-1" is registered twice in the technology
Modifications: Base mod > Science Pack Galore

Other mods installed:
Alien Biomes 0.6.5
Belt Balancer 3.0.0
Companion Drones 1.0.17
Factorio Library 0.7.0
Factorissimo2 2.5.2
Factory Planner 1.1.20
FNEI 0.4.1
Jetpack 0.2.9
Long Reach 0.0.16
Miniloader 1.14.2
Noxys Waterfill 0.4.1
RPG System 1.1.7
Schall Module Placement 1.1.1
Spitertron Enhancements 1.6.1
Spidertron Patrols 2.1.3
Squeak Through 1.8.2

2 years ago

Thanks! Can confirm the error, will investigate now.

2 years ago

Okay, so I investigated a bit, and probably know the cause of a problem.
It appears that two things have gone wrong:
- Belt Balancer mod creates their new technologies via just making a link to the respective ingredients of logistics technologies;
- Factorio maintains the state of raw data array through the entire data loading, with all the links that it contains.
As a result, when my code adds the first science pack to belt balancer technology, it also adds the same to the logistics-2 one, since it was just a link. Thus, two identical science packs on logistics-2.
I fixed it on my side by adding a deepcopy of all technology requirements and prerequisites before modifying them; that potentially should fix any other mods that have the same compatibility issue. Check the 1.0.2 version.

2 years ago

Ooh, interesting. I got it running now, thank you!

New response