ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer)

by mexmer

Allows the cost of research to be tweaked, in terms of count, science packs and time. Edit its configs costs *.lua to tweak the multipliers. - Original mod made by UberWafe, this is adopted version for factorio from version 0.16 until current

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Broken with new Angel's Bio Processing 0.7.9

3 years ago

In Angel's Bio Processing 0.7.9 the 'bio-farm' technology was renamed to 'bio-farm-1'.

3 years ago

Oh, I just saw that there is already a Pull Request for that: https://github.com/mexmer/ScienceCostTweakerM/pull/47

3 years ago

How does this pull request work? Do we need to wait for Mexmer to approve it in git, or is some ninja edit needed?

3 years ago

Anyone has some idea to hotfix it so game would just start?
I kinda don't need anything else, since I hace all tech already done...

3 years ago

The Pull Request needs to be approved, merged and released by mexmer, if you don't want to wait, you can just do the same change as in the PR in your local mod files and your game should start again.

3 years ago

Yeah, I have a hotfix for it. Basically in the zip file for sciencecosttweakerm you go to tweaks and then you go to Angel's mods. You then go to science_angels.lua. Near the bottom, it shows the prerequisites and you have to change bio-farm to bio-farm-1. If this is too complicated or you need any help my discord is BlazingFlame#5003 where I can send you the mod. Good luck!

3 years ago

Can someone tell how to fix it? (i know do what it says, but i cant really figure out, what and where) I really would liek to play, i have now 3 free days... and waiting 2 weeks... to play my seablock again... :(

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

somewhere in the code their is an issue with 'bio-farm'

*\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\ScienceCostTweakerM_0.18.1.zip\ScienceCostTweakerM_0.18.1\tweaks\angelsmods\science_angels.lua by editing the line
prerequisites =
{
"gardens",
"bio-paper-1",
"bio-farm",
},
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ change to

prerequisites =
{
"gardens",
"bio-paper-1",
"bio-farm-1",
},
It allows you into the game at least, But some tec, recipes, and functions sill might be removed du to some other glitch. This is the best that can find as far as a quick fix goes.

3 years ago

I have made a video on the hotfix for the mod: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82WMxKc-vA)
If you would like more help shoot me a dm:
Discord; BlazingFlame#5003.

3 years ago

should be fixed now

This thread has been locked.