ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer)

by mexmer

Allows the cost of research to be tweaked, in terms of count, science packs and time. Edit its configs costs *.lua to tweak the multipliers. - Original mod made by UberWafe, this is adopted version for factorio from version 0.16 until current

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Bug while loading existing map

5 years ago

This message appears:
Error while applying migration:
ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer):
ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.13.lua

...CostTweakerM__/migrations/ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.13.lua:6: attempt to index field 'sct-lab-2' (a nil value)

So... it will not work with existing map? :(

5 years ago

can you send me the save? it's weird in first place, that it applies so old migration, unless you are upgrading from some really old save.

i can probly redo my migration scripts and add some additional checks.

for you it's easier to first use some elder version like 0.16.20, then probly 0.16.28 then latest.

5 years ago

Well, last time I was in this map yesterday, and map was created... I don't really remember.
Of course, there is many more mods, mostly Bob/Angel with new addition of MadClown.
But whatever, I really should start a new map, with a little more planning before. :)
But of course, if you want, I will send you this save.

5 years ago

hmm, that's really weird, because if you yesterday created save, with current version of mod, it should not apply migrations, because they were already present, when you did create map. unless you created map with mod of version bellow 0.16.13

5 years ago

you can send me save download link on forums, since i can't reproduce it, even with save from 0.15

5 years ago

ok, seems i found problem, of course it did fail with 0.15, because for 0.15 mod had different name, but i found old 0.16.8 save, and that one failed on migration. it is fixed in new version

5 years ago

Hey mexmer
- I hit this same problem today when trying to open a seablock map that I took a break from for a couple of months, with the latest seablock mod pack against factorio 16.49.

I dropped in your latest version with the fix, and got past the error, but hit this one instead:

Error while applying migration: ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer): ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.26.lua

...CostTweakerM__/migrations/ScienceCostTweaker_0.16.26.lua:6: attempt to index field 'sct-sciencepack-bio' (a nil value)

If you want I can supply the save where I am hitting this.

Thanks!

5 years ago

thanks, no need for save, i have renamed biopack, seems same issue as with labs.
will post new fixed version soon.

5 years ago

Nice - that worked! Thanks :)

This thread has been locked.