ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer)

by mexmer

Allows the cost of research to be tweaked, in terms of count, science packs and time. Edit its configs costs *.lua to tweak the multipliers. - Original mod made by UberWafe, this is adopted version for factorio from version 0.16 until current

Tweaks
3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Could you also support py mode?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Someone already made pyscience mod. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyscience just didn't update :) so i guess you can easily support py mode this that mode.

and i can't access Github. can u gimme adress?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

my mod is compatible with Py, it can work installed side by side with py, just doesn't have tweaks to fully utilize Py resources, that is planed somewhere down the road.

mod you have linked does something different, it does reverse integration of Py and SCT.
such mods i cannot support, it's up to their authors to do updates.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I don't wanna you support linked mod. I just wanna help you :) To introduce some example i know. (I really like your prodction science pack py twist way:)

anyway, thx for your effort. i am now addicted to this mod!

5 years ago

like i said, customized recipes for Py are planned (it's even written on forums), not sure when, since Py is quite individual and doesn't blend well with others.

5 years ago

my mod doesn't add such depenencies nor alters science packs required for research. so no, it's not problem of SCT.

maybe it's that pyscience, maybe something else, but it would be contraproductive to set tech that unlock blue science to require blue science pack.

remove mods that alter science one by one, until you find culprit. but this is how SCT + py (nothing else) tree looks. there is no circular dependency.

https://imgur.com/Fi3CrNN

if you want to blame anyone, blame yourself in first place for trying to slap together mods, that overlap in what they do.

5 years ago

I'm not the one who has the issue there since I try to stay away from Pyanadon's, but I did feel it might be useful for you to be aware of this in case it was something that required your attention. Don't shoot the messenger.

5 years ago

Problem is in pyscience mod, that has not been updated for 5 months.

You simply can’t slap mod together and expect them to work, not when some are not updated. It’s risk you take as mod user, that eventually your favorite mod will become unsupported.

And believe me or not, but none of modders will keep compatibility with unmaintained mod

This thread has been locked.