ScienceCostTweaker Mod (mexmer)

by mexmer

Allows the cost of research to be tweaked, in terms of count, science packs and time. Edit its configs costs *.lua to tweak the multipliers. - Original mod made by UberWafe, this is adopted version for factorio from version 0.16 until current

Tweaks
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Kaorhil and BobExtended

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Do you think you could make it compatible with it? Add your ingredients the science recipes in it? Thanks.

6 years ago

no, i don't have any plans to support minor mods.

i plan to lately change some stuff also for yuoki and 5dim, and maybe few other large mods, but that's all.

6 years ago

kaorhil's Bob Extended a quite sizeable expansion for research in the Bobs Mod Universe. I really wouldn't call it minor.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I too would like to see this done., though I don't have high hopes given the response....ah well.

5 years ago

well, it's hard to add any tweaks for mod sets i don't use and have not done any playtrough, my base mod set includes bobs and angels, i did some games with py, but have not done tweaking for that yet, since it's science is rather complex, so i did only fix bugs that can arise when sct is installed.

there is so much mods, that honestly it's not possible to add everything, you can try to play with it and report issues (like unresearchable or missing tech, or broken tech chains) and i might look into it, but for doing tweaks one needs to spend some time playing with mods.

5 years ago

I completely understand, I'm something of a mod addict lol, always trying to add as much as I possibly can, I'm playing currently with angel bobs, py, aai industry, space x, (I'm sure I'm forgetting something) and a whole bunch of other mods, it's rather grindy at the start, and it will likely take months to actually play through this, I am still learning most of these big mods myself, which using so many together makes it rather overwhelming at times lol.

5 years ago

i would recommend to not combine PY with bobs, while it works, you will find lot of rendundant things, that in PY are pain to do, but since you have bobs, you have easy way out, and it's hard to not go easier way.

PY is one of mod sets, that work fine alone, but with other overhauls it doesn't combine well. I have on my todo list, to do some tweaking for py research, since it has tech overhaul, that doesn't sit well with sct (at least not with vanilla version, which is what you get without tweaks).

New response