Scanning Radar

by Strath

A scanning radar that sweeps an arc. Control radius, speed, direction, and more with signals.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Combat

i Make vanilla radar uses same scanning method.

6 years ago

Can you make the vanilla radar use the same scanning method as this mod?

But it will be slower and with much lesser range as the one in the mod.

May also be an option to switch to vanilla scan mode and sweeping (this mod) scan mode.

6 years ago

I would prefer to keep it separate for balance issues. Speed and range changes are planned as well as possibly limiting limiting scanning arc on a per entity basis.

6 years ago

Per entity basis?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Sorry, per radar. In the game's code, most everything one can interact with is and entity. Plans for this mod include being able to control scanning range, speed, and arc individually for each radar placed. As well as having reasonable defaults for those who can't be bothered.

6 years ago

Cool!

Thanks for explaining.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I would also like this, it's a great mod and looks amazing but i would much more prefer to have just one kind of radar to worry about instead of two. Plus this would mean that you can add/remove the mod and have it effective immediately on any existing map, plus you'd return to the vanilla radar if you decide to ever uninstall this mod! Please consider adding this as an option?

4 years ago

I could look into it. I personally use a mix of vanilla and scanning on the same map.

4 years ago

Yes, this would be great. But propably as a mod setting for people that don't want it.

New response