My Trains (Alpha) deprecated

by kiasyn

A simple, easy-to-use, no circuits required train scheduler for people who just want their trains to work.

Content
4 years ago
Trains

i Dynamically set number of tran based on signal

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm aware the goal of this mod is to be as simple as it can. Thus no circuit required.
But, can you spare some room for power user ?

I mention this before in as casual comment, consider this an official request for me.🙄.

I want to dynamically set the number of train based on signal, it will allow me to fine tune the number of train.
It's really helpful instead just a simple hysteresis that will enable/disable the trains stop when certain threshold is reached, then just sent a fixed number of train.

So, the idea is, there's a checkbox next to "Number of train", and the tooltips that says, use circuit instead.
And next to it, there's input box (similar to resource box) where i can choose what signal to use as number of train.

It's that hard to implement / or if it's against this mod goal ?

I mean, instead of constant number, it just see the signal amount instead.
Furthermore, it's not enabled by default, the checkbox were off (obviously),

If the mod API allowed, to make it less confusing for new user, if that signal checkbox weren't check, then the input signal box is not appear on the GUI?

4 years ago

I've tracked this here https://github.com/kiasyn/SamTrain/issues/28 and may implement in future

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

OK, thanks
But, one last thing.
IF you find that addition will hamper this mod UPS usage, just ignore my idea.
Or find a way to make it UPS friendly.
That's the gist of the CTR mod, it pooling the signal data based on ticks, every 10 ticks or so.
As result, as train network grow bigger it hit the UPS VERY hard.

For me personally, UPS concern is more important than fancy feature.
But if you found a way to make it UPS friendly (since you may have a different approach than CTR Mod) to pooling the signal data, then i hope you add this.

New response