My Trains (Alpha) deprecated

by kiasyn

A simple, easy-to-use, no circuits required train scheduler for people who just want their trains to work.

Content
4 years ago
Trains

b Various report

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)
  • Crash to desktop if loading a save game with Sam's mod disabled.

I accidentally load save game without enabling Sam's mod, CTD.
    That shouldn't happen, right ?
    Normally the game would just remove game entity/recipe/tech when a mod is disabled upon loading.

Log, not sure what to report, so i include the whole factorio-current.log
    https://pastebin.com/EYadNEMw

• The train limit is not working/train waiting the departed train to be back to depot first.

Sorry, but are you sure you upload the correct new version (0.16?),
    I'm sure i check my version is already updated to 0.16
    It seems the problem still exist.

The setup were simple, just as instructed, i'm not being fancy yet disabling this and that.

16 Train in the depot, only one schedule, heading to that depot, no condition were set
    (since the mod didn't require condition to be set/delete the manual input condition?)

3 Petroleum Supplier, min/max unchanged, numbers of train is set to 3.
    So in total, i can load 9 train,
    (and yes i have too few load station than total train in the depot, just for this test)

1 Petroleum Consumer, min max unchanged, numbers of train is set to 6.
    For the test, for simplicity, i didn't use multiple consumer with the same name (i deconstruct other stop)

Result:
    Only 2 train were dispatched, they goes to 2 different Supplier, then head to Consumer, then back to depot.
    Repeat : The exact same two train departing again, no other train were dispatched.

• Blueprint:

It's still missing the ""entity-name.st-data-entity", either if i copy (Ctrl+C) or manually using blueprint.

• GUI weirdness
    Better to show it with picture :
    https://i.imgur.com/nUyLGCT.jpg
    I have no idea where that cargo wagon (icon) coming from.
    There's no cargo wagon, only use fluid wagon in the test.

Plus you can see i highlight the train stop:
    Red rectangle : Depot, 16 train. As you can see only top two train were departing.
    Green circle: 3 Supplier loading station, support 9 train in total.
    Blue circle (the bottom): 1 Consumer unload station, demand 6 train.

I haven't test it with circuitry (yet) to disable station.
    So this is basic test,.right ? Or do i use it wrongly (somehow)?

EDIT :
My bad, i didn't read the Limitation very well.
It appear the train departing problem because only two train were fully fueled.
But the other 3 report is still valid.

Also, i'm putting here because it's related to the fuel "problem"

Can you add support that if some mod adding a schedule to refueling , Sam's mod would allow that ?
There are two autorefuel mod (well, three..., but i never use the last one) :
Automatic Train Fuel Stop:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FuelTrainStop

And TSM also can add fuel :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/train-pubsub
(in fact both of these using almost the exact came code)

OK, why would someone install TSM if only to use the refueling capabilities, but not the managing capabilities?
TSM has more robust detection, so it can add train schedule depends on the train configuration.
So it know the difference between L-C, or LLCC and so on.

The first AutoRefuel mod have more simple approach, they didn't detect train config.
Or you know, if this mod also come with auto refuel capabilities...then there's no need to use refuel mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Crash to desktop if loading a save game with Sam's mod disabled.

I'm not sure why this is happening for you. I disabled the mod and then loaded a save and it gave me the correct removed entity report. Does it happen everytime?

The train limit is not working/train waiting the departed train to be back to depot first.

I understand you fixed this by fueling the trains? Let me know if I got this wrong.

It's still missing the ""entity-name.st-data-entity", either if i copy (Ctrl+C) or manually using blueprint.

Good spotting. This is just an entity which stores data about the train stop for use in blueprints. I've added a name for it for the next release.

GUI weirdness

Currently the GUI shows you all the trains in the game (not just the ones you are using with my mod). I guess that is why you are getting some blank rows. I think I will hide all the ones that do not have a depot name.

Red rectangle : Depot, 16 train. As you can see only top two train were departing.
Green circle: 3 Supplier loading station, support 9 train in total.
Blue circle (the bottom): 1 Consumer unload station, demand 6 train.

Was this related to the trains not being fueled?

I haven't test it with circuitry (yet) to disable station. So this is basic test,.right ? Or do i use it wrongly (somehow)?

Disabling the train stops with circuits should stop the scheduler sending anymore trains to it.

Can you add support that if some mod adding a schedule to refueling , Sam's mod would allow that ?

I think it would be easier to expand the refueling capabilities to allow for refueling in another location than to support another mod (so they aren't constantly overwriting each others schedules).
What does your fueling setup look like? I have only dealt with small setups that just refuel at the depot

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Regarding Crash to Desktop, yes, it happen every single time (IF i disable the mod, and load the game).
So perhaps there's another mod that prompt that behavior? Since you can't reproduce it.
It would be disaster if someone decide not to use this mod, but already overwritten the save file with Sam's mod entity already in-game.
Bluntly speaking, no i don't plan to uninstall Sam's, this is like a dream come true mod for me (although i do have some other suggestion to improve this mod).
Like i said, i accidentally found this bug.
Perhaps if i sent you the mod-list.json you can (somehow) figure out what went wrong with certain mod combination that prompt this ?

Yes, i fix it by (manually) refueling the train,
Normally the refueling itself is actually being handled by a mod.
But Sam's Mod train stop for some reason didn't trigger the mod to add a schedule, maybe they did, but Sam's just delete the schedule internally ? IDK.

Regarding the GUI, still weird though because i have tons of more train than that, so that info still doesn't look right.

But, in case you wondering, i do use "Depot" name in the vanilla station, so perhaps that's the reason?
The mod see a "Depot" name as some sort of prefix that make them think it's part of Sam's network ?

The refueling on my game is handled by mod, TSM
(but i can switch it out to Automatic Tran Fuel Mod, since they both virtually the same).
Let me clear up that last bit, i don't use both mod a the same time.

The refueling is centralized in one location, all train (that reach certain low fuel level) will be sent to that central refuel (mod will add temporary refueling schedule; and delete it after finish refueling).
So it's really efficient,
I have around 180+ train, yet it use only 3 refuel station (each for a different train config.)
Only 4 inserter in total, 4 chest, that's it, not even using bot to refill the chest (i deliver the fuel by train).
It's more than enough.

If i switch to this mod completely, it would means i have to supply every depot with fuel/inserter ?
So it's not practical approach, since i have huge number of depot, more than 150..i think it's even higher than that.
As a reminder, this is not even my final factory yet, roughly 25% what i have in mind.

Problem was, this mod can't recognize the added schedule from that refueling mod.
As a result, no train will get refuel.
Since no train will get refuel, i can't switch to this mod completely.
Even if Sam's allowing that added schedule, it need to be full in order Sam's to work?
It would make a certain logic conflict with refueling mod (you can set the refueling to a "full"),
Otherwise they will always adding refuel schedule.
It need to reach lower threshold.

Making each depot have inserter to refuel is simply a no go approach for me.

So, my suggestion is :
- Ignore the fuel level.
-But, it has to allow added schedule by refueling mod.
-OR Sam's have refueling capabilities.

I mean this is why every other train manager mod have internal refueling capabilties, because they know it's more efficient to centralized the refueling on a huge map.
And they cannot rely on external mod to refill the fuel.

EDIT :
Scrap that CTD issue, i can't reproduce it on new game.
It works just like the game would normally do (notification of removed recipe, entities, etc).

So that bug is perhaps an edge case scenario where certain things (?) i've done prompting that crash..hmm..wonder what....
But it really does crash if i load one particular save file.
Just consider it as resolved as of now.

4 years ago

If you have a vanilla train stop named the same as your depot train stop that could break things as the scheduler just says hey go a train stop named 'depot' or whatever. I recommend naming your Sam's Trains depots differently :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

No, that's not what happen in my game.
All Vanilla station do have Depot as prefix, but they use different suffix.
So it doesn't have the same name with Sam's at all.

Example :
Depot Oil Crude -> Sam's
Depot Ore Iron ->Vanilla

So it's completely different name, only the prefix is the same, "Depot".
Thus that GUI bug is not making sense since any other train stop is not the same name with Sam's train stop at all.

So, what i'm asking in the previous comment is, does Sam's see the prefix as some sort of "word wildcard"?

EDIT:
Ignore question above, Just update the mod, the GUI is already fixed. Vanilla train stop doesn't appear anymore.

New response