The Ruins Mod deprecated

by Gangsir

You weren't the first to come here, and you won't be the last. Every so often, you encounter ruins of past failed bases, some even still have running defenses, strewn across the countryside. Explore them for resources and adventure if you wish, but beware, as within these ruins, defensive machinery still whirrs, and you aren't its master...

Overhaul
6 years ago

i Suggestion - generate enhanced entities in some ruins

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I've been looking for a mod that gives the player an incentive to space out his factory a bit more -- currently I usually end up building multiple train-delivered factories very close to each other, resembling a giant factory blob (plus a couple mining outposts).

One idea I had to change this was to randomly generate some enhanced entities into the world that are unmineable, indestructible and cannot be built by the player. For example a high-range beacon with four module slots or a high-range substation or a row of fasterer assembly machines would provide a good incentive to build a factory next to them. You would probably want to make a mod-setting to enable/disable all of this if you end up doing it at all. I feel this idea fits with what your mod already does, hence I'm suggesting it here.

Of course you could add some more entities just for fun, for example a laser turret with higher range and damage stats or a small-range beacon that can use productivity modules.

New response