The Ruins Mod deprecated

by Gangsir

You weren't the first to come here, and you won't be the last. Every so often, you encounter ruins of past failed bases, some even still have running defenses, strewn across the countryside. Explore them for resources and adventure if you wish, but beware, as within these ruins, defensive machinery still whirrs, and you aren't its master...

Overhaul
6 years ago

b Ruin generation should be related to seed and generation settings

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I was generating some seeds with your mod enabled and found that each time I regenerate a world with the same settings, ruins were almost at the same positions but were never the same.

6 years ago

And even reloading the same save doesn't generate the same ruins ...

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Unfortunately, I cannot do this, due to the way that I generate ruins. Ruins are pre-created setups of entities that have location/size restrictions (such as not being on water), and the entities that make up the ruins are spawned with a series of spawn commands, that are triggered when a chunk generates. They aren't something simple like a single entity that could be fed into the game's autoplace.

I could possibly set the random seed to the world seed, which might do as you propose. I'll look into it.

New response