The Ruins Mod deprecated

by Gangsir

You weren't the first to come here, and you won't be the last. Every so often, you encounter ruins of past failed bases, some even still have running defenses, strewn across the countryside. Explore them for resources and adventure if you wish, but beware, as within these ruins, defensive machinery still whirrs, and you aren't its master...

Overhaul
6 years ago

g Unable to use deconstruction planner

6 years ago

Was it your intention that the use of the deconstruction planner is not working on ruins ?

6 years ago

Yes, unfortunately I spawn the entities with the neutral force, which means that you cannot use the deconstruction planner with them. However, the benefit is that if a server has a different configuration of forces, players will still be able to break the ruins.

I will look into possibly enabling cross-force deconstructing. I believe it might be possible.

6 years ago

It's a toss up, I find it irritating too. But in fairness it was built by others (in essence) and I do believe in MP you can't just deconstruct other peoples stuff

6 years ago

I stopped using this mod because I could not use the deconstruction planner on the ruins.

6 years ago

I wish I were more surprised.
Perhaps somebody needs to write a mod which allows players to mark worms and spawners for deconstruction :P

Surely this is a job for the combat robots, not the construction robots.

New response