Robot Zone deprecated

Custom Roboport Supply Area

Content
3 years ago
Logistic network

g Advanced functionality.

3 years ago

The mod will become even better if you add the ability to create a separate logistics network. Just like in this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LogiNetChannels. Or make both mod compatible.
But at the same time, it is advisable to make sure that all chests and drones placed on the zone are automatically connected to this separate network.

Мод станет ещё лучше, если добавить возможность создания отдельной логистической сети. Точно так же, как в этом моде: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LogiNetChannels. Либо сделать оба мода совместимыми.
Но при этом желательно сделать так, чтобы все размещенные на зоне сундуки и дронстанции автоматически подключались к этой отдельной сети.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Added support for it. If LogiNetChannels mod is enabled, robot zone will have a gui on top left that you can select which channel new zones will belong to. And entities listed below will belong to whatever robot zone you place them.

"logistic-chest-active-provider",
"logistic-chest-passive-provider",
"logistic-chest-storage",
"logistic-chest-buffer",
"logistic-chest-requester",
"robostation"

• Any modded chest will be ignored if their names are different than what is listed. Roboport is also ignored.
  • It doesn't support blueprints, or let's say if you do use blueprint, channels will not be included in the blueprint, it will still use whatever channel you selected on the gui.
  • You can place robots into robostations directly. I didin't have to do anything about that one.
3 years ago

Excellent thank you!

3 years ago

Is it possible to make sure that the chests and the roboport placed on a zone with a separate channel are automatically assigned to the same channel?
Now I click on the DZ button, select channel 1, place the zone tiles, it immediately connects to channel 1. But when you put chests or a roboport on this zone, they are connected to channel 0 (by default). And you have to manually reassign the channel.

А можно сделать так, чтобы размещенные на зону с отдельным каналом сундуки и робопорт автоматически назначались на этот же канал?
Сейчас я нажимаю на кнопку ДЗ, выбираю канал 1, размещаю плитки зоны, она сразу подключается к каналу 1. Но когда ставишь на эту зону сундуки или робопорт, то они подключены к каналу 0 (по умолчанию). И приходится вручную переназначать канал.

3 years ago

I understood what the problem is - the coverage area is shifted by half of the tile. And automatic connection to the channel occurs if the chest or roboport gets to this zone with the correct side (bottom, if the zone is placed horizontally, right - if it is vertical).
This is immediately noticeable if you build an area 1 tile wide.

It will be great if you fix this and place the zone exactly in tiles.

Я понял в чём проблема — у плит зона смещена на половину тайла. И автоматическое подключение к каналу происходит, если сундук или робопорт попадают на эту зону правильной стороной (нижней, если зона размещена горизонтально, правой — если вертикально).
Это сразу заметно, если построить зону шириной в 1 тайл.

Будет отлично, если это исправить и разместить зону ровно по тайлам.

3 years ago

It is actually on purpose to shift the area by half a tile. If I were to center it to the concrete tile, the inserters try to put or take items from these robot zones as they do with roboports. Which means when you put an inserter it gets assigned to these robot zones and when you put a chest or something else, inserters doesn't interact with the chests since they are already assigned. The only way to avoid this was to shift the robot zones half a tile. There isn't another way to avoid inserter interaction with robot zones as far as i know.

3 years ago

What's wrong with that, how does it work — do the inserters throw objects on the ground or what?
I think it would be better to do the correct location of the zone. Well, or add it to the settings.
Because in most cases it is enough to build a zone one tile wide — for the chests. And now you need to make a minimum width of 3 tiles and make sure that the chests do not hit the edge of the zone.

Что в этом плохого, как это работает — вставщики кидают на землю предметы или что?
Думаю, лучше сделать правильное расположение зоны. Ну или добавить это в настройки.
Потому что в большинстве случаев достаточно построить зону шириной в один тайл — под сундуки. А сейчас нужно делать минимальную ширину в 3 тайла и следить, чтобы сундуки не попали на край зоны.

3 years ago

Hi again, turns out there was a way to center it to the tile, but to do that mod has to check every time you place something on the ground to see if it has inserters around, if it has inserters and those inserters have robot zone in their "drop target" or "pickup target" it removes those targets to nil. This fixed the problem I mentioned above which caused inserters to not engage with chests or assemblers if they were placed first.

You should remove all the robot zones before updating though, because older robot zones will still be half a tile off and they're not gonna be properly removed by the new version of the mod. You could place another tile like stone, normal concrete etc. to remove them as well.

3 years ago

Good news!

3 years ago

After the last update, the DZ button stopped working. With any of its settings, the zones are set to the default channel 0.

3 years ago

And when you manually assign a channel to a zone, the logistic connection disappears with this tile. And the zone just doesn't work at all.

3 years ago

I don't know about button not working but are you sure about manually changing the zone? You need to hover over the new zone to see the different network you created.

3 years ago

I fixed the slider not working, it was a naming error, I typed channel instead of channel_number...

3 years ago

Now everything is working fine, except for the roboport. When you install it on a zone with a new channel, it is assigned the default channel 0.

3 years ago

Fixed it, also now adds inserters you place on the zone to its channel as well. Useful when you connect them to logistic network for malls etc.

New response