Ribbon Maze (fix for 1.1)

by kajacx

The maze itself is destined to be automated. Original mod by H8UL. Fixed for 1.1 by kajacx.

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Not working with 1.0

3 years ago

This mod doesn't seem to be working with the new 1.0 release.
Player is just not there

3 years ago

Yeah same here. i hope the dev fixes it, this mod was cool.

3 years ago

Works fine for me. Can you elaborate on "doesn't seem to be working"?

3 years ago

As OP said, the player isn't in the game at all.

3 years ago

Oh. I think it's caused by the new crash landing intro. Do you see a corpse on the ground by the crash? I have been playing in /editor.

Someone should probably figure out how to fix the spawn position so it's not an insta death.

3 years ago

Yeah I was thinking the new start might've broken it.

Hope it gets fixed.

3 years ago

this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/NoFreeplayCutscene fixed that for me, works as intended now

3 years ago

Alright, but the dev should try and fix it without having to use a work-around mod.

3 years ago

Hi, I just updated the mod to 1.0. The intro cutscene is a problem, it can kill your character since it spawns in water and you can't respawn. To fix this, I set the "clear starting area" (or whatever it is called) to at least 1 or 2 chunks, that way your character survives and you can play.

3 years ago

wish there could be a proper fix..But I am guessing that it could be hard..
oh well.. I guess I am playing now :D

3 years ago

Hello, same here. Also, walls of the maze seem to be made of green water. From what I remember, I thought they were just made of black emptiness.

Thanks!

3 years ago

Edit : removed stupid comment

3 years ago

@remuz I fixed the green water, it is now black. IDK if it is 100% same as before, but at least it's not green anymore and it feels more like being in maze again :)

New response