Ribbon Maze

by H8UL

The maze itself is destined to be automated.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

g AngelBob Intergration thoughts

5 years ago

So, I've been playing some more, and I realised that Mangroves in their current form are more powerful than Bobs Greenhouses if you can reach them (and Bob includes larger area miners (the AAI mining vehicles easily reach them)), and the Seafloor Pump sometimes never has enough space to place it (it takes a larger area than the vanilla pump)

So I've got a couple of requests for what to do if you detect Angel's Bio-Industries (or just have a settings toggle):

• Make all the infinite mangroves produce Green Wood.

• Reduce the infinite mangrove density a bit.

I could probably do a meta-mod for the green wood, but I don't think I could do the reduced density.

5 years ago

I'm tempted to add three mangrove settings:

• mangrove density (Default 50%)
  • green/raw wood proportion near spawn (Default 90%, Min 50%)
  • green/raw wood proportion outside spawn (Default 99%, Min 50%)

This means that aside from the starting block, there would be much less raw wood. If players want the old behaviour, they can set the green/raw outside start to 90%, to match the start. If you prefer to play without raw wood output at all, set both proportions to 100%.

The raw wood was added to make sure it was absolutely safe to turn off trees in terrain generation. I put trees on the coastline so that they are easy to cut down, but they might not be enough if people need a lot of wood to get going. This will depend upon mods, access to coal, etc.

However, green wood is much more balanced versus solar energy in terms of equivalent energy value and is intended to be a new resource to "smelt" via kiln drying, which is a real industrial process. This should require lots of impressive furnaces, just like in steel making!

5 years ago

Sounds good.

I'm just a version of mangrove balance that doesn't overshadow angels bio. Because Angels Bio wood production feels like a good balance.

5 years ago

I've implemented the density and ratio settings in 0.6.8.

I decided to drop the near/outside spawn distinction as it would probably be confusing.

New response