Resource Labels Updated

by sproott

Adds icons to resources on the map, optionally with a label and the resource count.

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g How long should I wait for labels to appear?

1 year, 1 month ago

First, it would be a good idea to document the hotkey in the Information portion of the mod. I had to come looking in the Discussion section for the hotkey.

Should I be waiting more than 4 or 5 minutes for any labels to appear at all? I have a very large Space Exploration map on Nauvis, but shift+G doesn't appear to be doing anything at all - no prints to console, no labels.

Is there a console command I can invoke that will give me output of some kind? Or a progress percentage? Any kind of feedback at all, honestly.

4 months ago

I'm going to document the default hotkeys in the Information portion when I release a new version.

Regarding the labels, they should start appearing pretty much immediately one-by-one. The whole process takes time depending on your map size. The mod normally prints out any errors that occur, but something unusual must have happened. You can try switching to the "old algorithm" in the Mod Settings.

As I've said in a different thread, I don't have much motivation in further updating this mod, I would probably advise you to switch to something that's actively maintained, like https://mods.factorio.com/mod/resourceMarker (which you may have already done, given it's been 8 months, sorry...)

Nonetheless, if you send me your save file, I can look into it and see if I find out an error. Thank you!

3 months ago

@sproott if you intend to leave this mod in a deprecated state, would you consider updating the information page to recommend that active mod?

New response