Resource Labels Updated

by sproott

Adds icons to resources on the map, optionally with a label and the resource count.

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Doesnt work

3 years ago

Doesnt work with space exploration+ krastorio 2 .

3 years ago

Fixed in 0.18.4.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thx but still not working

3 years ago

Might be a problem with surfaces, haven't tested that because I don't know how to teleport between them. Care to send me a save file for which it doesn't work so that I can test it? Thanks :D

3 years ago

I added automatic generation of labels for core fissures + labelling of all the new SE ores, but maybe there is something wrong on the other surfaces.

3 years ago

Well what's not working about it? Some errors? Because for me it's working perfectly (on the map you provided there are only vanilla ores anyways).

3 years ago

Well what's not working about it? Some errors? Because for me it's working perfectly (on the map you provided there are only vanilla ores anyways).
I'm playing with space exploration and krastorio 2 and it's bizzare because on this same savefile that not working .

3 years ago

Are you sure you have the newest version of Resource Labels? Should be 0.18.5

3 years ago

Is it writing anything to the console or just not doing anything?

3 years ago

Doesn't work for me either and I don't use space exploration+ or krastorio 2.
Maybe something to do with custom map colors?

3 years ago

Shouldn't make a difference. Please, send your save file and steps to reproduce the error. As I said, I cannot reproduce it so far.

3 years ago

Hi, sorry for super late reply back.. I just tried with only your mod active, and launch a new game, but stil no ore patches get labeled in the map screen..
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? I use the default mod settings.

Do I need to research or build something first to get it to start labeling?

3 years ago

Ummm, did you press Shift+G?

3 years ago

Oh.. Yeah, no I wasn't aware this mod had hotkeys to tur on/off the labels.. ◑﹏◐
Sweet though, I appreciate that feature. ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Dont want to make a new post if you read this, but could you add a option to show/hide the icons of the ore on the labels too, if possible?

3 years ago

I will look into it, shouldn't be impossible. Will require you to rerun the labelling after changing it in the settings though.

3 years ago

It was fairly easy to implement. Released in version 1.1.2.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sweet thanks! And a happy new year :)

It works nice when I start a new game, but when I try using it in an already started game I get this error while it's scanning:

"The mod Resource Labels Updated (1.1.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ResourceLabelsUpdated::on_tick (ID 0)
ResourceLabelsUpdated/control.lua:197: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
ResourceLabelsUpdated/control.lua:197: in function 'createLabelForResourcePatch'
ResourceLabelsUpdated/control.lua:127: in function 'labelResourcesInArea'
ResourceLabelsUpdated/control.lua:106: in function 'func'
stdlib/stdlib/utils/table.lua:116: in function 'each'
ResourceLabelsUpdated/control.lua:105: in function 'handler'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:342: in function 'pcall'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:362: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:396>"

I think it might have something do do with "Deep Core Mining" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vtk-deep-core-mining), when ore patches get mined there's a chance for a small ore patch with infinite yield of that ore to appear.
In a new game there are no such cracks yet, and it works without errors. I also tried loading a different map before I installed deep core mining, and the labeling works flawlessly. The deep core mining mod also adds natural deep core cracks around the map, these get labeled without problems.

3 years ago

Could you upload a save of this situation somewhere for me? Because it's really hard to replicate, as I don't play with this mod. Btw was this you?

3 years ago

That is not me. Unfortunately I have no skills in modding or programming.

My save game: https://www.transfernow.net/KBxI1S012021

3 years ago

Ok, this should be fixed.

3 years ago

Nice thank you!
Got an error at first, but had to activate "use old algorithm" do a save/load and then deactivate it again.
Also had to set the "minimum resource entities" to 8 to get it to label the infinite patches. After that it shows the yield and name. :)

However, oil and deep sea oil (from the Cargo Ship mod), only show the name and not yield or amount. "infinite ores" and "show resource count" are both marked in the settings. Min/max count is at the standard values.

3 years ago

Amount is not supported for liquids, because the API makes it really hard to group together, which is why I cannot show the total.

3 years ago

Also, the error was caused by the update script not being run. Everything should be fine now.

New response