Reaver's RGB Radars

Adds three new radar types with varying specialties.

Tweaks
5 years ago

i Very nice mod, but requires a touch of balance

5 years ago

I think that there is not much diffence between radar power consumption, especially with things like bob's power mods and etc.

Red Radar should consume 600-700kW

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see a Green Radar application niche.
I think Green Radar should work on coal and wood, that would compensate for it long scan time.

Blue Radar should consume 5+MW, so you couldn't build many of them rite off the bat and think about trading off several basic radars for the Blue one.

The green radar is great to replace your old radars. Once they have finished scanning their full area, you don't need scans as often anymore. If you're generating a lot of power, there's no need to switch them out. But if you're being power conservative, then it's nice to be able to switch to green radars.

You and rykli both agree the blue radar should cost more power. I did make it cost more per scan than the basic radar, but I could increase it further.

Red radar energy cost is debatable. You say it should consume more, while rykli says it's difficult to carry a portable power source for it. I think its balance depends a lot on what the player has available to power it. With vanilla power, you can put down 8 solar panels to power it. With KS Power, you can power it with a single burner generator. I can see room to increase its power consumption--after all, if it's not fully powered it merely takes longer to perform its sweep.

Thank you for the input.

New response