Reaver's RGB Radars

Adds three new radar types with varying specialties.

Tweaks
5 years ago

i Cool idea, some balancing suggestions

5 years ago

I like the mod. It adds bigger radar range without being overpowered like the sweeping radar.

I do think the blue radar is a bit to strong for its costs, it should use more power and the research should cost more imho. Maybe make it two stages where the first one is like now but less range and second one will be same/bit bigger range but much more expensive.

I spread green radars all over my base. But I didn't find a good use for the red one. Difficult to have a portable power source. Maybe it could be a module for the modular armor? Maybe so big and power expensive that you basically can only put that and fusion reactors in the armor. So you would need to carry an extra armor just for this around and swap whenever you want to radar.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I also use a lot of green radars.

I think I will be increasing the blue radar cost. It doesn't seem all that overpowered to me, but it certainly has some room for improvement.

The way I use the red radar is I carry one with me while traveling, and I keep either some solar panels or a burner generator (KS Power) with me to power the radar. It's actually not that hard to power it, and based on Drakoman's suggestion and my own experience using it, I am considering raising its power cost. It's very useful to explore a larger area, to see further past obstacles than your character's vision allows. Also, you don't have to fully power it to make it work well. Even with only 10% power it'll still scan once every 5 seconds. It's energy cost per scan is very low.

New response