Reasonable Wind Turbine

by Telemak

Adds 3 wind turbines to the game based on Unfunf's 'Wind Turbine' mod but with output more equivalent to solar panels. Output is variable through time. 3 languages : DE, FR, EN (default).

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Power

i Realistic Power

4 years ago

Can you make this mod compatible with the Realistic Power mod?

4 years ago

I have never tried Realistic Power mod. I have to try and to work on it a little to answer. Maybe ? What is the problem excatly, do you have error message(s) or do you think this mod Reasonable_Wind_Turbine is not realistic enough to fit with Realistic Power ?

4 years ago

Its all about making the energy generation realistic in a way that we need to place up to a hundred of Wind turbines to just boost up the main power generators...

4 years ago

The old Wind_Turbine V16 was compatible in a way that the Mk1 Turbine generates only 306KW instead of 1MW, now that you take the job to continue the work, maybe its all about reducing the power generation to the real life numbers when the Realistic Power is installed at the same time as your mod here (Add Realistic Power as an optional dependency, but i dont know really if it your mod that need it or is the Realistic Power).

4 years ago

I posted an reply on Realistic Power forums, asking him to do something, you could make it too (about the weather station), working together with Kenira i suppose...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

You will be glad to learn that I made this fork
- to fit my own needs from existing mod with MIT license and then share the results
- to bring a real purpose to my weather station mod
- to make the output generated power variable in time
- to make a power generation of about 20 KW max for Mk1 turbine
- 42 KW max for mk2 turbine
- 64 KW for mk3 turbine
- I provide it with MIT license too
- I reworked the code just a little bit to simplify it

Tell me if you ancounter bugs, performance problem or anything else.
I may provide settings in a future where you choose the max. power output for each tier of turbine.

4 years ago

This realism make us need to build a whole factory just for wind turbines and its all what i want toπŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜

4 years ago

You should check the new version that will be published very soon,
because it has the mod settings you are looking for.

unfunf22 β˜†
4 years ago

thank you for mentioning me in the description. but you could have asked me if you could change my mod and upload it again. i'm not mad at you and it's ok that you changed it so that it gives variable current, which i didn't manage because it was just too complex for me at the end.

4 years ago

Hi, as I have seen bits of my other code copy and pasted amongst other mods too, I thought it was all right because of license. I am sure you are right that I have missed elementary politeness. First and last time I do that.

unfunf22 β˜†
4 years ago

no body is perfect.

New response