RealisticPower

by Kenira

Revamps energy production and consumption to be more realistic (harder) and splits accumulators into two types: very high capacity with low power, and low capacity with high power. To be used with Clockwork for longer (4h - 24h) day / night cycles.

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Power

g heating values of liquid fuels

4 years ago

Hi,
i have notice that in combination with bobs and angels mod you can produce hydrogen via an electrolyser and generate netto energy output by burning the produced hydrogen in bobs oil-burner-boiler even an lower tears. This is rather unrealistic so to say ;).
In normal PEM electrolysers you can get efficiencies of roughfly 80%. Not something like 160%. Considerung a 30-40% efficiency in the whole heat to power process a overall efficiency of from 24-32%.

Therefore i like to ask you kindly to adjust the fuel values of hydrogen and also fuil oil, since this is hugely overpowered with 1.5 MJ per unit. With the mod, hydrogen has a fuel value of 45 kJ which is also to be downsized to something around 10 -20 kJ. For the fuel oil I would suggest a value around 100 kJ on the basis of Angels solid fuel process with fuel oil, wich looks the following:

1x coke + 50x fuel oil = 2 solid fuel
now: 675 kJ + 50x 1.5 MJ = 2x3 MJ
with adjustment : 675 kJ + 50x 100 kJ = 2x3 MJ

At this point: I really like your mod and would like to thank you for your work, especially the heating value indication for liquids ;). And i hope i can ad my part for further improvement!

best regards
eRockit
I real like the

4 years ago

The fact that fuel oil is that much off is an issue you should bring up with bob / angel.

Also, i couldn't figure out how to burn hydrogen so i couldn't test it, but the fuel values should be updated now to at least consider the general changes with Realistic Power. If it didn't work, please come back to me with a save file with hydrogen and oil burning set up already so i can take a closer look.

New response