Realistic Ores

by ouk_ouk

New look for iron, copper and uranium ores. Now, they have colors of real ores, not refined metals. Also, uranium ore glow is decreased to 70%. (Configurable and with support for other mods.)

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Environment

i v1.1 bump?

3 years ago

I sure hope we'll see this bump to v1.1 soon'ish. Beginning to worry since I haven't seen anything for v1.0 either...

3 years ago

Well, nothing was needed for 1.0 since 0.18 mods work in it. 1.0 is just another name for 0.18 stable.

That said, I updated it enough to get it working myself: https://github.com/ouk-ouk/Factorio-RealisticOres/pull/2
If the author doesn't do anything in a day or two, I'll upload it as a temporary mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

+1 bump

3 years ago

Thank you MasterBuilder, your changes seem to work well!

3 years ago

@MasterBuilder, have you had the opportunity to upload it as a temporary mod yet?

3 years ago

@MasterBuilder, have you had the opportunity to upload it as a temporary mod yet?

I've had the time, but not the motivation. Forking a mod, changing the ids, and breaking compatibility to things that reference the original is a bitch and a half and not something I wanna cause.
And also cause there's no 'fork' button on mods here which means I have to set up the page myself.
And then there's the rabbit hole of the original author finally updating it and everything that switched to the new id now has the hassle of switching back......

No. I have not put it up as a new mod and don't intend to.
Here's a link to the zip of it on github: https://github.com/Synthlight/Factorio-RealisticOres/releases/download/5.18.10/RealisticOres_5.18.10.zip

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

MasterBuilder, I was going to try to take a look at this myself later... but maybe you'd be willing to have a crack at this one ? >:}~

3 years ago

So yeah, I'm back. (Read the announcement thread for more info.)
I'm going to prepare the versions for 1.0 and 1.1. This make take a few days because I need to test compatibilities with other mods and I also want to improve some things. I promise it won't take more than 3 days.
I'll also see your changes @MasterBuilder. Thanks for helping!

3 years ago

It is done! The mod works with Factorio 1.1.

@MasterBuilder, thank you for the help. It spared me some research of changes in API. (I've merged the pull request in GitHub. It's just too stupid to realize that. You can see your commits in my repository, though.)

3 years ago

Nice work!

I like it!

New response